The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM font bumper is it fit for my 99Galant?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    tra

JDM font bumper is it fit for my 99Galant?

JDM font bumper is it fit for my 99Galant?
    thank you[/img]

will it simply bolt on without gaps, no. can you make it fit? yes. there are a number of members that have done basically a full JDM front end conversion including JDM headlgihts and JDM grill (MOCHANGES, CALI)... if you want it to look right, you gotta do those pieces too (there are a few excpetions to this... DANGER DANJ's VR-M conversion still uses the US headlights and grill and looks awesome, but his was not simply bolt on either)

tra
    oic..if i change the JDM font bumper ,so is it easily to fix it without gap.?
    thx

mjc1055
    i dont think its possible to do yourself, you're definately going to have to take it to a good body shop to have it done. you could PM cali about it, im sure he'd let you know what had to be done to make his fit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tra)</div><div class='quotemain'>oic..if i change the JDM font bumper ,so is it easily to fix it without gap.?
    thx</div>

i don't think you understood what i worte earlier. it is not simple or easy. to do it right you will need to get JDM headlights and a JDM grill so that everything matches up (they are all different sizes from US spec). also you will need to make a custom front crash bar (if you want to keep collision integrity) or import a JDM crash bar (MOCHANGE did this), and you will also need to make custom mounting points. bottom line, the JDM and US spec bumper are not a simple swap, but it can and has been done.

tra
    oic....i got it...thx u guy

tra
    one more dull question, can u tell me what is crash bar?..thx

someone correct me if im wrong - but it's a piece behind the bumper that gives the front structural integrity in the event of a wreck

yep - remove that and you dont wanna rear-end someone, or want someone runnig into your g
    Semper Fi'