The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: power window failure

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

power window failure

has anyone ever had a motor in their pwr windows go bad or break? i think that mine did? how much do u think it'll cost to replace and is it a do it urself kinda job? in need of desperate help, calie.
    Are you mankind or kind of a man?

It's more likely the regulator that failed than the motor, based on what I've read here. Manybrews can give you an idea how hard that is to replace. What kind of symtoms are you having. That will make it easier to diagnose.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

nebj00la
    My right side front passenger one failed, it was under warranty though... Not sure how much it was.

yofadahead
    my driver side window messed up. i had to get a new regulator. paid $155 for a new one. i put it in myself, though. it took me about an hour to do because it was my first time and because i had to take the window out, so expect to pay for two hours labor if you get it done at the dealer. i had to do it myself because i'm way past the end of my warranty--i've put on 20k this year alone. but, of course, if you're still under warranty, you have nothing to worry about.

iits the regulator. how do u replace it urself? whats the WHOLE process? i'm a do it urselfer.

yofadahead
    -take the inside panel of the door off
    -unscrew the window from the regulator
    -take the window out (i put mine on the backseat)
    -unscrew the regualator assembly from the door
    -do everything backwards to put the new one in

yofadahead
    sorry, i don't have any pics, it's nighttime here. i'll probably post some tomorrow, if i can remember.

how do you take out the glass?

yofadahead
    there are two screws holding it in. it's screwed directly to the regulator ass.
    make sure the window is al the way up. you should see them connected to the sliding part of the assembly.
    sorry, my wife has the car so i can't take any pics.

this a common problem with our cars? cuz my rear right side window goes down, but dosnt come back up

yofadahead
    i'm thinking so. my dealer told me that he has had to order that part many times. he didn't give me a definate number, though.