The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Rotor Fitment

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    lchiew

Brake Rotor Fitment

Recently just purchased aftermarker rotor (UBP - Universal Brake Parts; from Murray's) and put them on.

Noticed that the new rotors just slide on the hubs, the old one is kinda press fitted. Well, at least when I took it out, the rotors have to be forced out of the hub with the "2 screws method". Could be rust or because it is press fitted?

Anyway, should new rotors just "slip" on the hubs or they have to be press fitted on to the hubs?

Many thanks....

p.s. this might be causing the grinding and screeching sound when the car almost stops (<10 mph) - after warming up. I used Bosch ceramic pads too.

Re: Brake Rotor Fitment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lchiew)</div><div class='quotemain'>Recently just purchased aftermarker rotor (UBP - Universal Brake Parts; from Murray's) and put them on.

Noticed that the new rotors just slide on the hubs, the old one is kinda press fitted. Well, at least when I took it out, the rotors have to be forced out of the hub with the "2 screws method". Could be rust or because it is press fitted?

Anyway, should new rotors just "slip" on the hubs or they have to be press fitted on to the hubs?

Many thanks....

p.s. this might be causing the grinding and screeching sound when the car almost stops (<10 mph) - after warming up. I used Bosch ceramic pads Â*

o.</div>
    the grinding and screeching you here is most likely worn pads or rusty rotors. The "two screws" method you're talking about is perfectly acceptable, sometimes things just stick and you have to force them off. It doesn't hurt your car. Honda's have to do it all the time, so i truly doubt galants would have any problems with it.