The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: opinion on this exhaust

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    7G-Redsand

opinion on this exhaust

i found this on ebay its pretty cheap so im skeptical its Dynomax Thrush Turbo Muffler 2.25" O/C. Any info on it would be cool like how it sounds or whatever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2435576242

I had something SIMILAR on my 7g, sounds pretty good, dunno if it was dynomax tho

mjc1055
    well, looks like its about $17, it wouldnt be the end of the world (or the end of your cash) if you put in on and it sounded like shit... just buy a new one... im definately not a huge fan of the way that looks, though

sleepagalant
    i saw the same thing on ebay i have around 20hrs left .... so i will be able to let you know by next week when it arrives how it sounds
    4G64 from this site told me about it he said they sound real nice.... so what the hell for 20 bucks

7G-Redsand
    Cool Sleepagalant, yeah id def be interested in how it sounds so hook me up with the info when you get it.

Slut
    Did you ever put it on... I wanna know if it sounds good or not.

GalantGuy96
    go for it, why not?

Slut
    im thinking on getting like an N1 style muffler on ebay.

sleepagalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(7G-Redsand)</div><div class='quotemain'>Cool Sleepagalant, yeah id def be interested in how it sounds so hook me up with the info when you get it.</div>
    ok no prob man i will

sleepagalant
    damnt didnt pay attention to my bid and someone outbid me :twisted: damn you

Experienced TGC Member
    That sucks dude, I hate when that happens. :x

I would just like to add to this post the age old proverb.. "You get what you pay for!"
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

sleepagalant
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True

I would just like to add to this post the age old proverb.. "You get what you pay for!"
    so do you think the muffler sucks
    cuz i can go to a local shop and get it no prob but just couldnt past up the chance to get it cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by sleepagalant
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True

so do you think the muffler sucks
    cuz i can go to a local shop and get it no prob but just couldnt past up the chance to get it cheaper
    I would reccomend taking it to a local muffler shop, getting custom piping with a high-flow cat, and buying a muffler from a respected company. My buddy got 2.25" exhaust, high flow cat, magnaflow muffler, and tips on his car for $200. Been on the car for 3 or 4 years now, and it's still shiny.

Slut
    If I were to get custom piping, shouldnt I get 2 1/2?

Quote Originally Posted by Slut
    If I were to get custom piping, shouldnt I get 2 1/2?
    depends, what kind of motor, what's your redline, what's your displacement? all these things need to be taken into account. Bigger does not always equal better.

Experienced TGC Member
    2 1/2 is perfect for our 2.4L if you're staying N/A. You may want to consider a high-flow cat while your laying new pipe down.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Slut
    Redoing the piping... does that mean Ill need a new cat too? How much do you think meineke will do the piping for? Im thinking on getting a cheap APEXi N1 Style muffler that they sell on ebay for around $40. Think it would sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by Slut
    Redoing the piping... does that mean Ill need a new cat too? How much do you think meineke will do the piping for? Im thinking on getting a cheap APEXi N1 Style muffler that they sell on ebay for around $40. Think it would sound good?
    straight-through mufflers sound like crap, all sputtery and stuff. Don't get one, especially with a high-flow cat. '

I mean c'mon, you don't want your car sounding like a riced-out honda do you?

i am replacing my entire exhaust i have the racing cat and muffler i was wondering if i should keep the reducer that is after the cat or should i just eliminate it i don't want the exhaust to sound to loud any suggestions would help me thanks