The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what muffler sounds the best?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34
    IllestGalant

what muffler sounds the best?

anyone have any opinions?

hey i was also wondering if the tips help change the sound??...also of the muffler
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Experienced TGC Member
    I have read time and time again that the 5Zigen Fireball has a deep, low, throaty sound to it.

The outlet really makes no difference in the sound, it has to do with straight through design and the materials they use. A silencer in the tip makes a big difference though..

I have a 3A Racing and I like it... whatever floats your boat I guess.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i have yet to hear a smoother sounding muffler than mine. but its not very loud. its really deep and low on the highway going 80 or so, but i've never heard anything smoother.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33636
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

IllestGalant
    I would get that one but with the body kit i only have room for one exhaust tube, the dual tips is too wide and I don't won't to risk melting the body. do they make a single tip one? I don't want a really ricey muffler but definetely something to sound louder!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    check they're other auctions. i've been buying stuff off them for god knows how long. they're truly amazing in the quality and customer service department. if they got it, you know it'll be better than what they say.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

u sound very convincing peanotation... do u have a full cat back n headers by anychance??? if u do ill most likely buy the same muffler... and take ur word for it.

I have a 5Zigen fireball. Trust me if you want something that looks good, doesn't sound like a whoopie cushion, and will last; then get this muffler!

I will see about recording sound clips of it this weekend.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Re: what muffler sounds the best?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>anyone have any opinions?</div>

I was wonderin also, i plan on buyin my Injen CAI soon, so i wanted an exhaust? I have no idea.

But i heard 5Zigen Fireball, Magnaflow, and one other one i cant remember.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Josh_aka_jluv97)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 5Zigen fireball. Â*Trust me if you want something that looks good, doesn't sound like a whoopie cushion, and will last; then get this muffler!

I will see about recording sound clips of it this weekend.</div>

i pretty sure u can, just bring it to a muffler shop and they'll do it... not sure if it is gonna give u more hp though, u might even loose hp ...i think

Re: muffler

Quote Originally Posted by galant_speed
    shit fucked up again :shock: ... sorry jluv i ment to quote galant_speed

Experienced TGC Member

Re: muffler

Quote Originally Posted by galant_speed
    you could... Please don't :?
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

i personally think it look ricey, you are goin to hav four exhaust tips for no need. :?
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

IllestGalant
    okay, besides this fireball with the dual tips, I need a single exhaust outlet to accomodate the body kit, so does anyone have any opinions on the best sounding muffler???

Experienced TGC Member
    The 5Zigen Fireball is a single exhaust outlet, the Ebay one is not a 5Zigen.. it's just a no-namer.

I am not sure if the 5Zigen comes w/ a silencer or not but I know sometimes I wish mine had ome with one.

I would also recommend the Bombz muffler's also, send a PM to BEAST for the 411 on those though..
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

DONT GET THE 5 ZIGEN MUFFLER ON EBAY!!!!!! I have it, on my car right now, cheap immitation, only good for a semi stock car, after that its buzzing....

BEAST
    I am very pleased with my muffler. With the silencer in it sounds almost stock again except when you really give it some gas. I don't keep mine in, but it still sounds good. Without the silencer it is kinda loud, but not too bad. It has a nice deep tone too. I got the Evolution R-Spec. Another one I haven't seen on here, that I would suggest is the AC Revolution. I think that thats what its called. I was looking at those as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Josh_aka_jluv97)</div><div class='quotemain'>I will see about recording sound clips of it this weekend.</div>

Better late than never right?
    http://jluv97.galants.com/5zigen.wav
    (right click,save as)
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast