The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 0-60...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35
    wizdom

0-60...

gettin a 01 galant, and i can't find the 0-60 time on the V6 models anywhere- can anyone help me out?
    thanks

GalantGuy96
    its slow, thats all u need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by GalantGuy96
    its slow, thats all u need to know.

gost2002es
    i have a 02 i4 and i have a passport g timer and i think it took me like 7 secs to do 0-50, if that's any help.

Quote Originally Posted by gost2002es
    i have a 02 i4 and i have a passport g timer and i think it took me like 7 secs to do 0-50, if that's any help.
    That's not half bad. I haven't timed my 0-60, but i'd ESTIMATE it somewhere between 6-7 seconds in the Integra.

gost2002es
    nice::thumbsup::

wizdom
    the official time i got from car & driver was 8.6 FYI

I guess I go from 0-60 in about 8 seconds with my GTZ, but 5 seconds back in the day when I had my "Powered By" stickers on

Senior TGC Member
    Official numbers from magazines are about 8.6 seconds to 9.1 seconds for the V6, not sure about the inline 4 because I've never seen test results for a Galant so equipped.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auto-9)</div><div class='quotemain'>Official numbers from magazines are about 8.6 seconds to 9.1 seconds for the V6, not sure about the inline 4 because I've never seen test results for a Galant so equipped.</div>

the magazines are on crack. my 0-60 is only 8 seconds, and i raced Jet Black in his V6, and he smoked the hell out of me. i mean, he didn't just beat me, i was annhilated.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gost2002es)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have a 02 i4 and i have a passport g timer and i think it took me like 7 secs to do 0-50, if that's any help.</div>
    if you're talking about a pseudo-gtech, just remember that my buddy's 95 integra gsr, stock, gtech'd a 1/4 mile time of 13.3 seconds. They are very unreliable.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Auto-9)</div><div class='quotemain'>Official numbers from magazines are about 8.6 seconds to 9.1 seconds for the V6, not sure about the inline 4 because I've never seen test results for a Galant so equipped.</div>

the magazines are on crack. my 0-60 is only 8 seconds, and i raced Jet Black in his V6, and he smoked the hell out of me. i mean, he didn't just beat me, i was annhilated.</div>
    :twisted:

Ok Im going to go out and time myself for my 0-60.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok Im going to go out and time myself for my 0-60.</div>
    old stop watch and speedometer trick? lol

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok Im going to go out and time myself for my 0-60.</div>
    old stop watch and speedometer trick? lol </div>

Damn straight . Ok I did 2 runs, on the first one I hit 8.2 seconds, on the second one a cop that was sitting in the shadows off the road turned his light on me, I downshifted down to L and let my car slow down with each succesive gear.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok Im going to go out and time myself for my 0-60.</div>
    old stop watch and speedometer trick? lol </div>

Damn straight . Ok I did 2 runs, on the first one I hit 8.2 seconds, on the second one a cop that was sitting in the shadows off the road turned his light on me, I downshifted down to L and let my car slow down with each succesive gear.</div>
    find a flat onramp. They work the best. Remember, it's not excessive acceleration unless you squeal your tires.

then the tcs kicks in...

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2000GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>then the tcs kicks in...</div>

1999 Models dont have Traction Control, so I squeal my tires with even a moderate amount of throttle.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'> Remember, it's not excessive acceleration unless you squeal your tires.</div>

it is excessive acceleration when you're driving Jet Black's V6 with no muffler, sounds like a fucking airplane flying overhead

and jet black, , ur acceleration is not 8.2, we gotta get a g-tech out there and time your car, cause Gtech averaged mine at exactly 8 seconds before i got my CAI and muffler, all i had at the time was ram air, and my engine wasn't rebuilt yet. you have to be at least 7, no joke. and dont forget, its not the car thats fast, its the driver that makes it fast
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

true. i laugh at my friends who only know how to drive manual and cant control their accel in an auto car. when you are in D4, and you have no time to downshift to L, and you have to accel hard in 1st, you cant just stomp on the gas

West LA, Cali by way of PG County, Maryland
    All you need to do is go to caranddriver.com or any of the car magazine's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast