The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbocharging an I4

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Galant01

Turbocharging an I4

Does anyone out there have a turboed I4? If so, where did you get it? Did you get a bolt on or what? Also which would be cheaper, getting a bolt on or getting an aftermarket turbo and getting custom piping?

a couple members have turbo's AK1 off the top of my mind has one.

As for to get a premade kit opposed to a custom kit. Well, if you can get a good deal on parts then well, the price for parts will be lower. The advantages to the premade kits is that its so much easier to install. you just need a lil bit more custom work to install.

I know there is a guy on the lancer forums, he just collected parts and turboed his wife's lancer over the weekend. but yea he was really trained. he just collected the parts and did all the custom work. i think in the end he only spent like 1500 for everything.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Alister_McRae
    WOW, 1500?!?! Man thats pretty cheep, for some prices ive seen for the galant, its up in to 3 grand range, and maybe even more. But i know right now, i said the hell with the body kit, im going with the turbo. A body kit you can only look at. A turbo you can actually enjoy.