The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Breaking hubcaps...anyone have this problem?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    luxcrusr2000

Breaking hubcaps...anyone have this problem?

Hey all,
    I have a 2000 ES with the stock steel rims and hubcaps. They look OK but the retainer clips on these things keep breaking, and in the past 6 months I've had to replace two of them. :x I don't think there's a way to prevent this, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem. :?

b4 i got my aftermarket rims...i just tied my hubcaps onto my wheels, as a backup. just used some really expensive fishing line so that it could be thin yet strong. and i was str8. but yea them hubcaps and steel rims didnt' last long on my car...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

luxcrusr2000
    Man, wish I had tried that with mine. Eventually I plan on getting either stock alloys (preferably the GTZ style) or some custom rims. Oh, well. At least the caps only cost me $5 a pop.

galant2kde
    sounds like youve been hitting lots and lots of big potholes...

i had the same problem with one of my hubcaps, it gave me motivation to get my rims after it flew off.

Nick VR4
    If you dont have access to fishing line
    Use small tie-wraps like the ones the police use instead of handcuffs
    make sure you have something in the car to cut them if you have a punture

luxcrusr2000
    Ah, yes, tie wraps. Next time I break a hubcap I'll get some. If I had thought of that before I wouldn't have had to drive 25 miles away to get the hubcaps (MAN Galants are hard to find in junkyards). As for Galant2kde's comment about potholes, I have to stay away from potholes. I just had to drop almost $400 into 4 new tires for my Galant.

I fucked up the hubcaps on the right side of my galant by going too fast and side-swiped the curb :x

yeah like stay off the curbs, hehe.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

luxcrusr2000
    *butthead voice* uh, yeah, huh huh. curbs suck! huh huh

:mrgreen:

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

luxcrusr2000
    Sorry Ken, put the wrong name down about the pothole comment. Maybe I'll like, learn to read next time. :oops: Although it seems these hubcaps break if you breathe on them too hard. Oh well. The Mitsubishi Galant is still the greatest car ever made.