The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63/4g64 hybrid?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    fstrthnu

4g63/4g64 hybrid?

So let me get this straight, you can get a turbo and head off of a 4g63, rebuild everything, fill some oil holes, slap it together and you have a 4g64/4g63 hybrid? Is it really that easy or am I missing some huge step? (not including small stuff, i.e. fuel, ignition, bov, intercooler, custom piping) Is there a turtorial on how to exactly do the swap? What kind of machining is needed? Any info would be greatly appriciated.

(Sorry if this question was answered already somewhere. Just point me in the right direction)

u will also need the 4g63t wiring harness and ECU

fstrthnu
    I thought that the 4g64 distributer and wiring will work.

Dark Anghell
    I believe that's what Craig said. Here's a link that I found. It might help you out a bit. http://www.azgarage.com/dsmsw/4g64/. Or if you have 4K to spend then you can go all out, and be faster than anyone of this board.
    http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/motors.htm.

Magnus Motorsports also sells race built trannies for DSM's. I'm not sure if they are A/T or M/T.

fstrthnu
    Thanks. I checked out both of those sites and they helped alot. I emailed magnus and they said that their stage one 4g63 ($2000) can make 450hp at 30 psi of boost(wow). I'm just looking for someone that has a galant that has done the '64/'63t and knows the exact pros vs cons. Right now it looks alot better/cheaper to make a hybrid rather than do a full blown engine swap. I've got the 5 speed so I should be straight as far as the tranny. Why would I need the ecu? Couldn't I correct the a/f mixture w/ a s-afc?

Any opinions?

I USED to have the hybrid, but i killed it cracked the head etc, so i have a full blown 4g63t now

Dark Anghell
    hey when you contacted magnus...did they say that the motor includes the turbo?

Also, what is Core charge?

Can't u send them your motor to get credit towards it or anything?

core charge is when you buy a "re-built/remanufactured" part.
    after the Re-build, and ship it to you, they need a new "broken" one to fix.. to Sell

prices usually include the Core charge.. which you get Refunded when you send them the Core.

you dont' *have* to send it back.. but it saves you some Cash
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

fstrthnu
    They didn't say whether or not it came with the turbo but I'm guessing that it doesn't for 2 grand. Nygalant4g63t, you said you had the hybrid? What went wrong and what could have prevented it?

my manual got stuck in gear when i shifted from 4th to 5th (during a race), blew the tranny and due to the over rev of the engine, the head cracked

fstrthnu
    Is this a common problem on the 5 speeds? b/c I've noticed that sometimes I have trouble getting from 3rd to 4th when I'm on the bottle. Did you have a rev limiter? What was it set at?

I honestly dont know if its common, my rev limiter was set to 7k