The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help w/ DIY installations+ two misc. question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Galanttuner

Need help w/ DIY installations+ two misc. question

To all you DIY guys out there,

I bought some new things for my car and unfortunately the place that I wanted to install them is charging me an outrageous price for pretty much basic shit.

Can anyone tell me how to install spark plugs. I have the ngk ones. Anyone know what socket size? Is it just a matter of taking off the wires, reaching down there with the extended wrench and twisting them out? Then putting the new ones in and just tightening? ANY tips?

Also, I need help installing a fuel filter. Where exactly is the damn thing located? ANY tips on this install?

And for my two misc. questions....lol...

I have the RPW rising rate fpr, well actually i just got it in the mail. I've been looking at it, for some reason it didnt come with directions...anyone know how to adjust the fuel pressure on these things?

Finally, I also purchased a pillar pod for my gauges that I'm purchasing off someone on galantsppeed. I read that some of you just heated it on but I would rather take off the panel and mold it there with fiberglass. Anyone know the exact material I should buy from home depot to attempt this? Body filler,resin?

Sorry for the long post guys but if ne of you guys could help a brother out, that would be sweet. THanks

about the pillar pod. just heat it on. i can see that you want to start to mold it on but dunno where to start. something like that is nothing you want to make your first project. especially since its gonna be right there in front of your face every single time you drive it. try something else. just heat it on and then maybe mold it when u have more experience.

the spark plugs. well the size, thats easy. when u buy your new spark plugs, just use that to measure off of lol. if the spark plugs are gappable, don't forget to gap them.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Ye to fit the pod you need a heat gun, but if you dont know what your doin you may melt it. For the most part you take off your old pilar and heat up the new one till it gets plyable, then put the new one over the old and shape them to the same curves. Usually some dremeling is involved to shave of any excess.

Spark plugs there are 2 standard plug sockets we use the skinner of the two, dont remember the exact size just go to an autostore and showthem ur plug and they'll get you the right socket. Check the gap on the plugs off the top of my head I forget what it is something like .4 if their not then gapem or you'll have a problem.
    When you install them make sure they are going in straight and your not crossthreading if you do, we'll youll need a machine shop to fix. You install the plugs and turn them by hand with the extension until their tight...then put the ratchet on the extension and give it just a quater of a turn more. Dont over tighten them.

Fuel filter, ha good luck. A major bitch to remove MAJOR, almost broke my hand when the wrench slipped. You need 2 wrenches, one fits on the nut being removed the other on the fuel filter body itself under that nut. Arange the wrenches so you can squeeze them together to untighten the nut that is suposed to be removed. Most people dont know that that is the reason crecent wrenches are angled slightly, so you can put 2 together on things like this and squeeze together to untighten, and flip one wrench over and now you can squeeze together to tighten =D

Anyway the top nut is a bitch to get off, but the bottom nut is damn near impossible for most people. I used a set of vice grips and crecent wrnch on the fuel filter body and took me like a half hour to crack the nut loose. If you apply to much pressure to one wrench and not the other you will twist your fuel line close and thats it, now your looking at a wholemess to replace it. Someone on this group did that a couple weeks ago.

As for the fpr I have to see a pic.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fuel filter, ha good luck. Â*A major bitch to remove MAJOR, almost broke my hand when the wrench slipped. Â*You need 2 wrenches, one fits on the nut being removed the other on the fuel filter body itself under that nut. Â*Arange the wrenches so you can squeeze them together to untighten the nut that is suposed to be removed. Â*Most people dont know that that is the reason crecent wrenches are angled slightly, so you can put 2 together on things like this and squeeze together to untighten, and flip one wrench over and now you can squeeze together to tighten =D

Anyway the top nut is a bitch to get off, but the bottom nut is damn near impossible for most people. Â*I used a set of vice grips and crecent wrnch on the fuel filter body and took me like a half hour to crack the nut loose. Â*If you apply to much pressure to one wrench and not the other you will twist your fuel line close and thats it, now your looking at a wholemess to replace it. Someone on this group did that a couple weeks ago.

</div>

Yeah that was me... haha I HIGHLY recommend having someone else do the fuel filter for you. I could do it now that I learned from my mistakes, but I definitely don't suggest it if it's your first time doin it.