Thread: '93 galant problem - suggestions

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    mhessick

'93 galant problem - suggestions

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and I have a question

My '93 has 55k!

Automatic Transmission.
    Just had the fluid changed.

I notice around 2500 to 3000 rpm when I am gentle with gas the rpm's drop 300-400. Now the problem doesn't always happen, and it can happen going down a hill, up a hill, staight road etc. I have to punch it into passing gear to get the car to go faster sometimes. Anyone have an idea what problem this might be?

I'm interested in finding a body kit that looks decent but I havn't found one I like yet.

Only modifications I have are as follows :

Magnaflow Muffler
    K&N air filter
    replaced stock plastic 500$ radiator with new all metal 180$ one

any suggestions for some quick n easy upgrades?

I'm going to take out that air filter resonator / silencer this afternoon.

thanks.

Re: '93 galant problem - suggestions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mhessick)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi guys, I'm new to the forums and I have a question Â*

My '93 Â*has 55k!

Automatic Transmission.
    Just had the fluid changed.

I notice around 2500 to 3000 rpm when I am gentle with gas the rpm's drop 300-400. Â*Now the problem doesn't always happen, and it can happen going down a hill, up a hill, staight road etc. Â*I have to punch it into passing gear to get the car to go faster sometimes. Â*Anyone have an idea what problem this might be? Â*
    </div>

yeah. thats NOT a problem. thats the normal function of the torque converter clutch engaging.
    it does in under light cruise in second, third, and fourth gear when the trans is at operating temp.