The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Automatic Gear Shift

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    jayhood26

Automatic Gear Shift

I was wondering if anyone had changed their automatic gear shift on a 95 g because i want to change mine but i am having a hard time finding a sight, or anything really to tell me what the prices should be, and what the shift should come wit, besides and od switch on. Help is needed thank u :?: :?: :?: :?:

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you mean the automatic gear shift knob? i know there's a small handfull of knobs out there that fit out cars, and if they dont have an O/D button, you can just wire one seperatly somewhere else. i know seth has a nice sleek one, i forget where he got it from though. i've always wanted to get a new shift knob, but i'm really sketchy on the install. how the hell do you get the damn thing off :?: :?: :?:
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

GottMan
    How to detach your automatic shift knob... by unscrewing the screw on the outside of the case first...then the two screws underneath the covercase...cut the overdrive wire that is wrapped inside a black plastic tube...the shift knob should slide right off...after that is accomplished then splice all three of your wires then trial and error with trying to get the overdrive button to light up...it took me few minutes to figure out which wires connected to what to light up the o/d...then just shorten the length and tuck it in...one piece that is needed from the oem is the white piece inside the oem shift knob...this helps keep the shift knob stable

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GottMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>How to detach your automatic shift knob... by unscrewing the screw on the outside of the case first...then the two screws underneath the covercase...cut the overdrive wire that is wrapped inside a black plastic tube...the shift knob should slide right off...after that is accomplished then splice all three of your wires then trial and error with trying to get the overdrive button to light up...it took me few minutes to figure out which wires connected to what to light up the o/d...then just shorten the length and tuck it in...one piece that is needed from the oem is the white piece inside the oem shift knob...this helps keep the shift knob stable</div>

WOW! It's Scott's first post! Nice info too...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

jayhood26
    Now that i know how to put it on can somebody pls answer the question of where in the sam hill i can find one that looks good with a good price.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayhood26)</div><div class='quotemain'>Now that i know how to put it on can somebody pls answer the question of where in the sam hill i can find one that looks good with a good price.</div>

Doesn't exist IMO

but... http://www.autobarn.net/autshifknob.html

Way too much $$$ :?
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ones like this fit. I have one just like that in white, but w/o the o/d button. Alls I had to do was to take out the center metal piece and it fit perfect. Nice and shorter too. OptAuto has a bunch of different ones so go to Accessories > Napolex > Napolex shifters and look for ones for auto that are for nissan/toyota
    7g for life!

GottMan
    try obx or levoc... there's only one type you can choose from with o/d...but they come in several different colors