The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G (98 Specific) How to: Install an SAFC/SAFCII

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    THE-G
    DO U NEED A SAFC TO RUN A TURBO

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ehh please search kind sir. The SAFC is not the best way to go if you are turboing an NA.

But in general, if you are going to turbo your Galant, YOU NEED some sort of fuel management. The SAFC would work but there are far better options out there. When this post was created 3 years ago, it was by far the easiest choice for tuning and not much else out there was better for the price .... kinda.
    7g for life!

THE-G
    what are the far better options

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-G
    what are the far better options
    There is a MAFT translator which can be purchased for around $250-$300. You should though need to purchase a GM MAF to replace the Mitsubishi MAF. The newer generation MAFT's allow more tuning options compared to just a SAFC. This also allows you to "vent to the atomosphere" rather than recirculating the vented air back. I could explain MAFT pro to you..but I would rather you read about it by the people that developed it themselves.

MAFT Pro

Also you can EPROM the ECU...if your particular ECU has a EPROM chip. This is a old and common but yet still VERY EFFECTIVE ecu modification. Basically you would take it to someplace that specializes in EPROM ECU modifications and reprograms the ECU. The stock ECU will only work within its paremeters...once you do modifications that is beyond the ECU limits, your modifications are useless. Basically whoever EPROM's your ECU will take account what modifications done to the motor and inputs new parameters to where the ECU recognizes them like if were programmed from the factory. This results basically your modifications giving you the results you expected.

Or you can always install a Piggyback system like a Greddy Emage or AEM but for the DSM/Mitsubishi camp, most usually resort to MAFTpro, DSMlink, or Heavily modified EPROM ECU's or Reflashes.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Might be picking one up in the next week for $100 (safc2) I've been comming across some really weird ass deals latelyI just found this thread tonight hoping this forum would help, and BAM! MY MY I LOVE THIS FORUM

*******THANKS SETH98EST & STREETDREAMS***********

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    that is a sweet deal now what are you using it to tune.. are you turbo???
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I would like to know what cost more in anyone that have had safc 2 vs dsmlink cost?

dsm link most def. you can find safc 1 for like 100 bucks
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12