The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM VS. USDM

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

JDM VS. USDM

hi all... i've just got a question... does JDM spec's suspension be the same with the USDM version? Does it matter if the engine is a V6 or I4? my car is a 93 Galant HJ V6-24 (E54A?) i'm in Australia and i've been searching the web for suspension and i've seen sites with KYB AGX and i'm not quite sure if they have it here... also they work out cheaper than what they sell here for.. From all the forums i've read about it... seems like the set i want and need... so if anyone could help me out, would really be appreciated...

Sorry mate, but the US specs have a different suspension setup.

besides that, you also have to look at the years. i know for like the 7g here in the US its like 94-98 but in other parts ofthe world i think its like 92/93 or something all the way to like 96 i think. so keep that in mind too when looking for the suspension

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

thanks for the help guys... one more thing would there me part numbers written anywhere on the car that would tell whether a type of suspension(shocks, struts, springs) would fit like the ones in the US and here in OZ? coz i'm really considering buying the KYB AGX for the rear and KYB GR-2 for the front. Here in oz we don't have the AGX or GR-2 yet for Galants and i don't think we'll ever will... fortunately for the Lancer/Mirage owners, shops in OZ can get them...

you know who i would contact. i would message a member here named vr6. He's from the philippines. i know the world spec galants share more components with eachother than they would with a us spec galant. so yea, ask him waht kind suspension they are running there and it might help you find some manufacturers for your car.

gala(nt)ctic
    but hey.. whats the differences then?

Cause I'm thinking of buying the intrax springs and koni shock absorbers.. the koni will fit.. that I know.. but the intrax.. won't they fit then?

(I'v got a world spec 8g -98.. getting the springs for the 8g -99 wich you can find on intrax website)

yeah i would contact him, but the thing is, i'm not sure if he's used aftermarket for his car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gala(nt)ctic)</div><div class='quotemain'>but hey.. whats the differences then?

Cause I'm thinking of buying the intrax springs and koni shock absorbers.. the koni will fit.. that I know.. but the intrax.. won't they fit then?

(I'v got a world spec 8g -98.. getting the springs for the 8g -99 wich you can find on intrax website)</div>

No suspension parts on a US spec 8G will fit a World spec 8G. I'm not sure which Konis you are talking about, but there are no Koni's available for the US spec 8G. Not unless you count the inserts like I have. They are originally made for the 1G Eclipse, but they work for the 3G Eclipse and 8G Galants by being inserted into the stock strut housings.

gala(nt)ctic
    Galant / Eterna Sedan and Wagon all types EA2, EA5, EA6
    97-03 8040-1233Sport M3 8040-1234Sport

those are the ones I'm talking about..

but.. damnit.. what spring brands makes lowering springs for the world spec galant then? Eibach? but they only lower it 1.2 .. I want more..

for the 8g, 2 brands pop into my head. tanabe and h&r. i know there's more but jsut for lowering springs those are the two that i can remember off the top of my head. they do offer drops lower than the eibachs too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gala(nt)ctic)</div><div class='quotemain'>Galant / Eterna Sedan and Wagon all types EA2, EA5, EA6 Â*
    97-03 Â* Â* Â* Â* 8040-1233Sport M3 Â*8040-1234Sport Â*

those are the ones I'm talking about..

but.. damnit.. what spring brands makes lowering springs for the world spec galant then? Eibach? but they only lower it 1.2 .. I want more..</div>

Yeah, those Koni's should work for you, but they won't work on a US spec.