The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR4 bumpers in our future?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 62

VR4 bumpers in our future?

To: [email protected]
    Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 2:49 PM
    Subject: JDM Galant bumper group buy?

Hello, my name is Eric Kochanski, and I'm with The Galant Center(www.thegalantcenter.org)

Many of our members(including myself) have been looking for ways to get the Japanese front bumper and grills off of a 1993-97 VR-4 Galant(or the Diamond Edition bumper) Would it be possible for you guys to get 1 or 2 of them(or more, if you can) because we've been trying to get these out here for quite some time.

The reply:

Thank you for interest, i am working on finding the bumper and grill through a couple of my sources. when i find something i will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Anthony Oliveira

Cekret Performance
    37 Rockdale Avenue
    New Bedford, MA 02740

Tel: (508)997-4092
    Fax: (508)997-4219
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    Web: www.cekretperformance.com

We'll have to see how that goes *crossed fingers*

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

:shock: :shock: :shock: Please let it be!!!!
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    hmmm too many projects crossing each other at one time :lauging:
    7g for life!

Hmmmmmmm Im not goin to act smart. What does the bumper look like?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

brandon
    Peep my avatar and/or web link

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Peep my avatar and/or web link</div>

Be quiet Brandon, we all hate you and your car... :laughing:

Whenever I look at it, I begin to fill with rage and jealousy until I can do nothing other than rip the head off a teddy bear :shock:
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

:shock: :shock: :shock:

How you found this place I don't know. But take my advice ( I have been in the car scene for a while now and I know what I am talking about) PLEASE do not deal with this company. Out of all the shops out there, do NOT deal with these incompetent guys.

I live about 20 min. from there shop.

How do I know them? LOL Well they blew my motor. Fucking morons. This was already like 2 months ago, and car STILL isn't fixed completely. I have all kinds of fuel problems, valve problems, and believe me when I say ETC. I took my car to them, gave them a list, told them money wasn't an issue and that I just don't have the time and patience to do the work myself this time. I do bodywork (now am a training weekend mech.) The installed my cam gear, DID not re-torque the bolts, and all three bolts came off at 110mph causing all the valves to bend,head damage, my timing to be WAY off, and many fuel problems. My car is almost fixed now but I've had to pay a lot of money to do so (ktrperformance.com) and when I finally get her back he is getting the bill.

Am I the only person taking this guy to court? NOPE. A kid with a honda accord let them to the common h22 swap on his car. Long story short, they did not install the motor correctly, the kid had all kinds of problems when he got the car back. He returned the car and told them to fix it, so they took the car back to their shop (which is in a junkyard btw,ONE garage) and the kid figured that he would let them take their time in good faith that they would do it right this time. Cekret had the car for a month, and didn't even touch it because they had other "priority" cars. The kid took the accord to a neighboring shop and it was fixed in three days. He's now taking CekretPerformance to court for $9,000 in needless parts that they told him he would need and labor that took wayyyyy too long.

Sorry if I kinda babbled on in this post, but don't waste your time. They are a bunch of backyard mechanics who actually couldn't even put my exhaust on because he didn't know how to do "pipe-fittings" correctly.LoL...He tried to send me to midas afterwards. FUCK THAT

These guys can't get you those bumpers, he doesn't have the resources, and even if he finds one, the price will be outrageous and I can GUARANTEE that you will be extremly unhappy with the shipping time...soon he probably won't even be open.

In short, the SECRET of Cekret Performance is that they suck dick.
    Joe F.
    --The first and only 7g N/A galant in the 13's, currently in hibernation--

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Peep my avatar and/or web link</div>

Be quiet Brandon, we all hate you and your car... :laughing:

Whenever I look at it, I begin to fill with rage and jealousy until I can do nothing other than rip the head off a teddy bear :shock:</div>

Alright one more comment and I'm driving to Alaska to beat yer ass.

Well, not really... actually not at all. haha

At least your car runs normal!

Experienced TGC Member
    HAHA, Joe just killed this idea with a fury! Sorry to hear they tried to screw you like that Joe, I HATE shady auto places, it's like a pet-peev of mine or something.

And Brandon... your car may run like shii, but it sure looks good doing it
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

I don't want to spoil your good mood Brandon, but that is not a VR4 bumper you have.
    The bumper you have is the normal one on the v6 engine Galant.
    I have a Diamond edition and my bumper is not the one you have.
    See for yourself:
    http://photos.yahoo.com/mitsupiet
    But the main thing is: yours looks great to!
    Mitsupiet.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    so you have any pics of a vr4 front?
    7g for life!

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>so you have any pics of a vr4 front?</div>

That's what I'm wonderin... I searched long and hard on the web to try and find a Euro/JDM 7G VR4 but came up empty.

brandon
    I found this site, and from my guesstimation it appears this IS a VR4 bumper.

http://www.hkgalantclub.org/update/html/hi...istory.php#7gen

brandon
    Or perhaps there was no "VR4" 7G, only a "VR" ??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Or perhaps there was no "VR4" 7G, only a "VR" ??</div>

there is a vr4 7g. only in selectred markets though

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Nick VR4
    this is a 7G VR4 front

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Or perhaps there was no "VR4" 7G, only a "VR" ??</div>

bam has vr4...check members rides

Nick VR4
    and a 8G VR4 front

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>this is a 7G VR4 front Â*
    </div>

Isn't that an 8G still?

I did find a pic of Gssplaya's 7G VR4 and I noticed it's the same bumper as mitsupiet's... box foglights instead of round and that outward lip on the bottom of the bumper.

So I take it the bumper w/round headlights and more rounded lower section came on the VR-G (is it?)/VX-R and GTI/hatch Galants, correct?

brandon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast