The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just got zex nitrous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42
    Nosgalant

Just got zex nitrous.

I jsut got my zex dry kit today and need a little help. Do our cars have a fuel pressure regulator if so where is it located. If not where can I get one and which one to get. I only plan on running the 55 shot for a while so correct me if i'm wrong I won't need to mess with timing jsut new plugs and the fuel regulator correct. Any help will be great. This is all new to me. Thanks.

we have one but it's non adjustable. it's located on the driverside end of the Fuel Rail. To get an aftermarket one I have to suggest B&M or RPW's Rising Rate FPR. CHeck out VisionImports.com for the RPW.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

You paint your car yet NOS?
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Nosgalant
    They should be finished in another week. I will get pics and post. So I need to get an adjustable regulator. Also which wire do I hook up to on the throttle position sensor and where is it. Thanks,

Re: Just got zex nitrous.

[quote=nosgalant]I jsut got my zex dry kit today and need a little help. Do our cars have a fuel pressure regulator if so where is it located. If not where can I get one and which one to get. I only plan on running the 55 shot for a while so correct me if i'm wrong I won't need to mess with timing jsut new plugs and the fuel regulator correct. Any help will be great. This is all new to me. Thanks.
    wouldn't you be ZEXgalant then?

I hope you don't honestly believe that NOS is just another name for nitrous oxide.

b-boy_sky
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nosgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>They should be finished in another week. Â*I will get pics and post. Â*So I need to get an adjustable regulator. Â*Also Â*which wire do I hook up to on the throttle position sensor and where is it. Â*Thanks,</div>

Ask vegasmatt he used to have the dry kit from zex. You don't really need an adjustable fpr with the zex kit because it adjust the fuel pressure in the little purple brain for you....you just need to have a fpr to hook up to. With the 55 shot you won't need to lower your timing you should be good. I would suggest that you keep an eye on your plugs just to make sure you're not running to lean. It's also recomended to switch to 91 octaine to help against knocking.....

bam462
    i was thinkin the same thing scootin cause if you think nos is same as zex or ne the you got a lot of readin to do

GalantGuy96
    since your a noob, i will have to raise the b.s flag. its just that your mods list has no engine mods, they are all exterior....i dunno, maybe u did get zex but if so, then u have a lot of work to do on your engine. but the flag is still up......

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Funny this about this guy is hes not a neebie, he was a member of one of the older boards, hence the custom skyline kit, if you all remember a comopany acutally made it for him, but never made it to mass production of the kit. You will want to run the zex plugs with the system they are the ones that i have learned actually work the best. make sure when you run the line fuel and nitrous line, make sure you dont over tightened to have a tendancy to come off..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

8ggalant
    damn its amazing how quick peeple wanna raise a bs flag around herr....hey shane 13.5 in the 1320...pssshhhh im raisin the bs flag...hahahahaha..u kno im play in man

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bam462)</div><div class='quotemain'> i was thinkin the same thing scootin cause if you think nos is same as zex or ne the you got a lot of readin to do</div>
    thank you!! lol

NOS is not just another name for nitrous. This basically screams, "Everything I need to know about cars, I learned from the Fast and the Furious."

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>since your a noob, i will have to raise the b.s flag. its just that your mods list has no engine mods, they are all exterior....i dunno, maybe u did get zex but if so, then u have a lot of work to do on your engine. but the flag is still up......</div>

dude you are a cocky bastage arent you? :lauging:

you think you know anything about cars?
    7g for life!

Nosgalant
    To make a few happy I updated my mod list. As for being a neebie. I have been a member here for almost 3 years. As for this B-S FLAG BULLSHIT then come to shows next year to see for yourself. I will personally send you a list to go by like SHOWFEST IN GREENVILE MS., TEXAS HEATWAVE IN AUSTIN TX, LAKE CHARLES IN LAKE CHARLES LA, NOPI IN ATLANTA, HIN AT THE SUPERDOME IN NEW ORLEANS AND SEVERAL MORE.
    I have been building and showing vehicles for 14 years and have won several trophies with minitrucks. I also have a 1989 chevy astro van dropped 8 inches with a 350 chevy in it. I have showed as a member of clubs such as Assorted minitures and Negative camber. I have been good friends with Mike Shartis (used to be managing editor for truckin and mnitruckin) for 9 years. I think I know a little about show cars. If not I dam sure know who to call and ask .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>since your a noob, i will have to raise the b.s flag. its just that your mods list has no engine mods, they are all exterior....i dunno, maybe u did get zex but if so, then u have a lot of work to do on your engine. but the flag is still up......</div>

dude you are a cocky bastage arent you? :lauging:

you think you know anything about cars?</div>
    he's got a point, seth...you can't just throw a bottle in your car. Exhaust and Intake are a MUST, and newer fuel systems are required for the bigger shots. Maybe it's not to the point of BS'ing it, but still...it's close.

GalantGuy96
    how the hell should i know that he was here for 3 years? do i look physic to u? and it wasnt my fault he didnt put half of his mods up, damn seth, whats up with that?

Nosgalant
    You need to goto www.zex.com and read for a little bit. To install a 55 shot of nitrous the only mods required are having a fpr and plugs and a voltage change at the throttle positon sensor. I have done my homework. As for exhaust, I am running a tenzo racing muffler and intake is a injen . I build me car to please me and know one else, like you. It does not bother me for people to show their mentality. I am 34 years old and have 2 kids. I have outgrown that stage. I use this board for infomation and reading only, not to talk about people and their vehicles.

GalantGuy96
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nosgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>You need to goto www.zex.com and read for a little bit. Â*To install a 55 shot of nitrous the only mods required are having a fpr and plugs and a voltage change at the throttle positon sensor. Â*I have done my homework. Â*As for exhaust, Â*I am running a tenzo racing muffler and intake is a injen . Â*I build me car to please me and know one else, Â*like you. Â*It does not bother me for people to show their mentality. Â*I am 34 years old and have 2 kids. I have outgrown that stage. Â*I use this board for infomation and reading only, not to talk about people and their vehicles.</div>
    thats nice

GalantGuy96
    plus i never said anything about u, u people are just looking to start fights.....all i said was that it wasnt my fault u didnt name all your mods, that aint my fault...........

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nosgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>You need to goto www.zex.com and read for a little bit. Â*To install a 55 shot of nitrous the only mods required are having a fpr and plugs and a voltage change at the throttle positon sensor. Â*I have done my homework. Â*As for exhaust, Â*I am running a tenzo racing muffler and intake is a injen . Â*I build me car to please me and know one else, Â*like you. Â*It does not bother me for people to show their mentality. Â*I am 34 years old and have 2 kids. I have outgrown that stage. Â*I use this board for infomation and reading only, not to talk about people and their vehicles.</div>
    that's all fine and dandy, but how are you possibly evacuating enough exhaust gas when you're using nitrous? You're burning more shit, just like turbo. Be prepared to go through some plugs if you don't open up your exhaust....

GalantGuy96- Lesson Learned don't judge a a member by the number of posts.

Everyone else you've kinda jumped off the subject.

Bam Meet NOS

and NOS's Brothers

And shane's Pesonal Favorite

You see "NOS" is another term for "Nitrous" which is a shortened form or Nitrous Oxide. Now this "NOS family has several Brands however only 1 retains the name just "NOS". It's like if there were a Automobile Industry names "CAR" not Ford, NOr Chevy, but Just "Car". And "CAR" came out with diferent models like the "CAR" Sedan or teh CAR Coupe. it's just a freakin brand name.

OH yeah Scootin- We've had members run a 75 shot on a bone stock car with no probs.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast