The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just got zex nitrous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    GalantGuy96
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>"Nitrous" which is a shortened form or Nitrous Oxide</div>
    actually it stands for nitrous oxide system.....just to clarify

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>You see "NOS" is another term for "Nitrous" which is a shortened form or Nitrous Oxide. </div>
    Wrong.

NOS is holley's brand of nitrous oxide.
    Venom is Venom's brand of Nitrous oxide.
    ZEX is ZEX, NX is NX.

However, you cannot call all of these NOS, because they are not all NOS. They are all "nitrous," but not all of them are called "Nitrous Oxide Systems." As soon as Holley buys Zex, Venom, Edelbrock, Nitrous Express, and whoever else makes nitrous and converts them all to NOS, then you could call them all NOS. Until then, it looks like you've watched Fast and the Furious way to much and believe that excessive nitrous usage will cause your intake manifold to blow up, which will sebsequentially cause your floor board to fall out.
    NOS is a brand of nitrous, it does not apply to all brands of nitrous.

8ggalant
    damn u should major i 'nitrous oxide systems' hhahahahahaha...

oh yea scootin....he already said he had an injen intake and exhaust

ok I had to think as to weather I even wanted to say anything about that. but after about 5 seconds I decided to. THe actual "System" is all the parts the Purge Wites hoses for example. when you go to the refill station. I don't ask for teh Venom Nitrous. I jsut ask for Nitrous to go in my venom bottle. Nitrous Oxide is nitrous oxide below is the actual "system"

- VCN-1000 Module
    - VCN-1000 Main Wiring Harness w/ LED Display & Switch
    - VCN-1000 Injector Wiring Harness
    - Nitrous Solenoid w/ Mounting Hardware
    - Nitrous Bottle w/ Valve & Valve Fitting
    - Bottle Brackets w/ Bolts
    - 20 ft. Nitrous Hose
    - 2 1/2 ft. Nitrous Hose
    - Connector Splices
    - Nitrous Nozzles (4)
    - Product & Warranty Registration Card
    - Wire Tires & Adhesive Mounting Bases
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

GalantGuy96
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    - VCN-1000 Module
    - 20 ft. Nitrous Hose
    - 2 1/2 ft. Nitrous Hose
    - Connector Splices
    - Nitrous Nozzles (4)
    - Wire Tires & Adhesive Mounting Bases</div>
    whats all this for?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok I had to think as to weather I even wanted to say anything about that. but after about 5 seconds I decided to. THe actual "System" is all the parts the Purge Wites hoses for example. when you go to the refill station. I don't ask for teh Venom Nitrous. I jsut ask for Nitrous to go in my venom bottle. Nitrous Oxide is nitrous oxide below is the actual "system"

- VCN-1000 Module
    - 20 ft. Nitrous Hose
    - 2 1/2 ft. Nitrous Hose
    - Connector Splices
    - Nitrous Nozzles (4)
    - Wire Tires & Adhesive Mounting Bases</div>
    OK let me explain this one more time. There is nitrous. It's N2O, it will go in any "system" you want. ZEX, Venom, NX, NOS, whatever. But NOS is a Holley-brand nitrous system. It's a specific name. You go into a shop sometime and say I need NOS (haha), and they will give you a big blue bottle that says NOS on it. If you were to go in there and ask for Nitrous, they would reccomend the best one for your car. Are you getting this?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>"Nitrous" which is a shortened form or Nitrous Oxide</div>

Don't think of this in Brand name terms thing of it as the actual nitrous Oxide compound. that's what I meant

Scotin your killin me that's exactly what I just said.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Don't think of this in Brand name terms thing of it as the actual nitrous Oxide compound. that's what I meant</div>
    I think I'm starting to kind of get what your saying. Like all systems are nitrous oxide systems, they just aren't NOS. tell me if i'm right.

If so, that makes a lot more sense than the crap i thought you were spouting about how NOS = all nitrous. I was about to cry I was laughing so hard. It's good to find out there was a misunderstanding.

Correct. Now with NOSGALANT (TGC MEMBER NOT NITROUS SYSTEM) question has been answered. It's 4 in teh morning I thing I am going to look for a job, or practice my photoshop or something constructive.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    :lauging: good god guys :lauging:

not sure if yout TPS question was answered through all this BS, but the TPS is on the throttle body. Its a black circle type thing with a brown connector going to it. hard to explain, heres a pic(already had one uploaded)

yours may not look exactly the same, but similar. This is of a 1g TPS
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>:lauging: Â*good god guys :lauging:</div>
    Just needed to set the record straight.

If you're splicing into the TPS line, use a set of connectors from autzone...they sell these beautiful little spade/splice packages that you clip over the TPS wire, then plug a spade connector into it. It's easy as hell, and they cost like $5. If ZEX gives you the same thing, use those, however.

if your still looking for an adj fpr look on ebay... some of the universal ones should work... its about 70 bucks
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>if your still looking for an adj fpr look on ebay... some of the universal ones should work... its about 70 bucks</div>
    get a B&M, they are like $50.

Nosgalant
    Thnaks for all of the help. I think I am going with the B&M and and a gauge.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nosgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thnaks for all of the help. Â*I Â*think I am going with the B&M and and a gauge.</div>
    what kind of gauge?

Nosgalant
    A fuel pressure gauge to go on the fpr.

GalantGuy96
    can u post a pic of your car wiht the skyline kit? sounds koo.......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nosgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>A fuel pressure gauge to go on the fpr.</div>
    i meant what brand lol...and interior gauge, in-engine gauge, etc...? I would reccomend B&M again, but they may not make a gauge for your car. Also I would reccomend an in-engine gauge, it would be much more expensive and really not neccesary to run an interior gauge. You will be most worried about adjusting fuel pressure while under the hood of the car, not while in it.

Nosgalant
    My old tripod site is still working. It has pics of the skyline kit from last year. Go to http//nosgalant.tripod.com.

ScootinIntegra : would it work if I T'd off the B&M FPR with a gauge underhood and also ran one to my gauge pod on the window post. I have an empty hole in it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nosgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>My old tripod site is still working. Â*It has pics of the skyline kit from last year. Â*Go to http//nosgalant.tripod.com. Â*

ScootinIntegra : Â* would it work if I T'd off the B&M FPR with a gauge underhood and also ran one to my gauge pod on the window post. Â*I have an empty hole in it.</div>
    well the fuel pressure gauge from B&M typically runs off the top of the fuel filter, with a replacement banjo bolt. But that's in Hondas. I'm not sure how the galant one would work, go check it out.

The gauge isn't like a 2 1/16" digital gauge. It's a mechanical gauge that reads fuel pressure based on how hard the needle is pushed. So running a B&M inside your car wouldn't work, and if it could work, it would be very dangerous to be running fuel lines inside your car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast