The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Damage Assessment

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Senior TGC Member

Damage Assessment

Since there are no problems yet, I'm not going to post this in the problem reports. I had a chance to look over the aftermath from last night and my estimation of the water level was almost dead on. I guess 12 inches of water, and I measured a 13 inch sediment line on my bumper at the highest point, and 11 inches at the lowest point (up front where the water had a chance to wash off when I plowed forward). This means that water for sure went into my exhaust...no wonder I had a really funny sounding (both humorous and weird funny) exhaust note. The engine compartment is completely untouched on the surface, but my radiator has all kinds of junk. On the bright side the dead mouse that was up there got washed away (I refused to touch that thing). The water also seems to have wiped out any kind of lubrication my car had, as it squeaks and squeals like there's no tomorrow. But the brakes no longer make noises Is there anything else I should be looking over? Any potential problems I should be expecting or be aware of?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

escoson
    where the hell did u get in 13 inches of water?

00GTZ00
    Peter...

If your exaust is sounding funny then the cat is shot. It is holding water. I had the same thing happen to my 535IS. Try to not drive the car because the water will throw your o2's into chaos, and maybe make you run real rich... try to get a new on put on asap (high flow cat? you can get them for $80)

Senior TGC Member
    Well I already drove about 30 miles today so it's too late to take your suggestion ( ) and everything seems ok, no more weird noises nor a funky exhaust note but my engine sounds like a squeaky engine at 120k miles right now. What's really annoying is my interior smells like a crematorium. I have to pick up my brother's date tonight (since he has no car) and I really don't want the poor girl to suffer (or hurl in my car, making things worse).
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Experienced TGC Member
    LOL, were was the dead mouse again? Oh man Im in tears now.

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>LOL, were was the dead mouse again? Oh man Im in tears now. </div>

Heh it somehow ended up a while back on the front of my radiator, right behind my driver side grille. I have no idea how the hell it got up there, why it died, and how the *&@^%@ the corpse managed to stay stuck.

-Ballernation-
    I hope your didn't smell like an overused pussy again because if it did, those wild pit-bulls would of chased you down like scared pussy : { ( get it?)