The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Check Engine light... Damn I hate this one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why do you think I use the term 'correct' instead of 'right'</div>

same reason i used the term 'correct' instead of 'right' ?
    :-)

i just cant imagine driving a car and not having a large nob to rest my left hand on.

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J apmetal)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'>[biting bait]
    Left hand side is the correct side you moron! :-P
    [/biting bait]</div>Then how come ours are on the RIGHT side </div>Why do you think I use the term 'correct' instead of 'right'. :-P

But you also drive on de wrong side of the road, we drive on the 'RIGHT' side. :-P :-P </div>

M8's - this is getting funny 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just cant imagine driving a car and not having a large nob to rest my left hand on.</div>Well, about 90% of the world population thinks otherwise. :-P
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

bluedraco
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just cant imagine driving a car and not having a large nob to rest my left hand on.</div>Well, about 90% of the world population thinks otherwise. :-P</div>

and about 20% are chinese...does that mean we should all be chinese as that's the "right" way?

i don't know about you, but i'm happy with what i am!

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, about 90% of the world population thinks otherwise. :-P</div>

90% of the worlds population wouldnt own a car :-)

i would have thought it would be 50/50 anyways?

right hand drive i beleive is UK, all of Asia and africa.
    left hand drives is Americas and europe.

which leads to the obvious question, why did it end up being different?

bluedraco
    probably the same reason there is imperial and metric

marktheblake
    maybe not. Imperial came first, then metric was invented. Every country changed to Metric except USA. I was told the reason for that was because too many people in a single country to re-educate.
    (more populous countries are different as most people there are not educated in first instance)

of course an immediate alternative reason comes to mind, but i am not going to mention that here :-)

Interesting however that the US military uses Metric only.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>90% of the worlds population wouldnt own a car :-)

i would have thought it would be 50/50 anyways?</div>Don't take it seriously, I'm just talking bullshit. :-P
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

bluedraco
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>90% of the worlds population wouldnt own a car :-)

i would have thought it would be 50/50 anyways?</div>Don't take it seriously, I'm just talking bullshit. :-P</div>

what's new?

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'>Don't take it seriously, I'm just talking bullshit. :-P</div>

Thats alright because thats all i know.

in any case still curious as to why two different ways, must be a reason somewhere.

marktheblake
    well look here, there is the answer. makes sense too :-)
    http://www.amphicars.com/acleft.htm

if you dont want to read it, its the bloody French's fault again. if it wasnt for them we would all be RH drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12