The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DROP FROM KYB AGX

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

DROP FROM KYB AGX

how much do they lower the car by? what if i took out the springs from the front and put on coilovers but left the srpings in the back would that mess up the car?

Re: DROP FROM KYB AGX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redattack)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much do they lower the car by? what if i took out the springs from the front and put on coilovers but left the srpings in the back would that mess up the car?</div>

Shocks and struts don't lower the car, only springs or coilovers can cause a car to be lower. You can install coilovers up front and leave springs in the rear without causing any kind of problems. However, doing so could possibly make the suspension feel unbalanced since the spring rates of the coilovers would be alot different than the rear stock springs. If you don't drop the front too much, you won't notice much of a difference during average daily driving.

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah Dave is right, the KYBs don't lower the Galant, but the rears do raise it slightly because the seat is slightly higher than the factory rears. Only springs control ride height.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison