The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas Guage Needle...

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Gas Guage Needle...

Hmm my gas guage needle keeps flactuating, I have no gas then I have an eighth of gas and then a quarter and then a sixteenth. Anyone know whats goin on?
    Marcin P.

ANSA Exhaust
    Apex Springs
    KYB AGX struts all the way around
    (slowly working on more things)

Speed doesnt need beauty ~ Me

fill it up all the way. see if still does that. i know if u got no gas, the gas sloshes back and forth away and towards the sensor, depending if im going uphill downhill etc

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I got it full, and it still does this on a level road.
    Marcin P.

ANSA Exhaust
    Apex Springs

is the needle waving at u on its own, or is it like moving when u hit a bump or something.

if you don't care about it, just tape a paper hand to it and tell the ladies its waving at them ahahaha

but talking more seriously, uhm did u touch ur gas needle. i mean did u take ur cluster apart or install some aftermarket guage faces. maybe the needle might be miscallibrated and possibly sticking. try taking the faces off possibly and see if it still does the same. your cluster or your gas gauge might be dicked.

another thing is to look at the sensor for the gas. get a mechanic or somethign to check that out. maybe thats going bad.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Kain
    Eh, I wouldn't worry about it. Mine does the same thing (so does every car I or anyone else in my family has ever owned) When I start up, it'll be reading between empty and 1/4. it will slowly go down to empty, and than slowly rise to 1/4 where it stays until I shut 'er down and start up again. And the guage in my Colt dosen't work at all. I just sorta have to rely on the warning light. If it's close, don't sweat it. But if it's moving fast, I'd look to possibly a loose ground wire giving an inconsistant signal, or something wrong with the fuel level sensor itself. (I'm not really sure on the Galant, but on most American cars the fuel level sensor is integrated into the fuel pump.)

No my gauges have never been removed...and no this is weird cause my car is full stays that way for like 30 min drops to an eighth stays like that for 5 goes up or down...its possesed
    Marcin P.

ANSA Exhaust
    Apex Springs

Nick VR4
    sounds like your sender is failing thats connected to your float in the tank

Maybe Manybrews can help