The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: found HOT reverse glow gauge kits for 92-93 galants

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 88
    Rasko Da Gama
    You have too push the engine to let it "open"
    Mine goes 210km/h with 185/70/14 winter tires on 14" wheels
    With summer tires 205/50/16 - hardly 200km/h, but it is a fact that I am taking good care of my engine

[FIN]Teme
    btw. u don't actually go 200km/h I think real speed is somewhere 185

Maybe I have to put another speedo meter in my car to see how fast I'm really going.
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

[FIN]Teme
    get caugh when speeding max... the police will tell u the real speed

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE([FIN)</div><div class='quotemain'>Teme]get caugh when speeding max... the police will tell u the real speed Â*:D</div>

That's right!

BTW: Today I took off my old Gauges - wanted to scan them, but a friend who has a scanner wasn't home, so I'll scan them tomorow.Than I'll go and play with Photoshop. But I saw a big problem. Our Galant gauges have lights from behind, so I steel don't know how to make those numbers to be visible in the night. I guess I'll just try a few different models and than let you know the result.
    I hope it'll turn out nice.

Sounds great, keep me posted.

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â* so I'll scan them tomorow. Than I'll go and play with Photoshop. </div>

Hey, dont forget that because you are scanning copyrighted material. probably the only way to get around that one is to make your end product an Open Source project. (big hint there)

Have you guys also noticed something about the Glo Guages that are around? The Temp indicator is on the Speed Dial,, but on mine the Temp is on the Taco.

Maybe thats a Left/Right Hand drive variation that causes that.( i am right)

So thats another reason why I cant use them. I dont mind the miles becuase i already know the conversions, ( most of my cars had miles only and its easy to convert without even thinking) - in fact its kind of retro to have a miles only car.

Rasko Da Gama
    OK, first of all I'll share my work with you fellas
    Here are my original Gauges scaned... I'll show you my final product when I'm finished...

So if anyone likes to play with Photoshop or Corel Draw, here is a .jpg image of my Original Face Gauges. If you don't know how to use those programs, you'll have to wait few more days until I'm satisfied with my work Of course I'll share my work with you, fell free to download it and have fun. BTW - click for larger image - 300dpi, but enough to play with.

So here they are:

OK - this is not finished product, but it is getting almost there... I think they'll be finished tomorow. Posted here, for better view on both - original and my custom Gauges.
    When I was scrolling through hundreds of Fonts, I ended up wit this "Porshe" font, lines - pointers stell haven't been touched, but the numbers, all lights and other writings are finished. I applyed a thin layer of Carbon-Fiber Background, so that Gauges wouldn't be so empty - just white-white...
    Let me know what you think so far , maybe you can help me make them even better - but personaly I like them :twisted:

marktheblake
    RU left or right hand drive? Your Fuel and Temp guages are opposite to mine. At least that with Pshop, thats easily modified.

How do you go with scanning something and then printing, i have never been able to do that and end up with a product same size as the original.

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>RU left or right hand drive? Â* Â* Â*Your Fuel and Temp guages are opposite to mine. Â*At least that with Pshop, thats easily modified.

How do you go with scanning something and then printing, Â*i have never been able to do that and end up with a product same size as the original.</div>

Left Hand drive...
    In Photoshop you can determine exact size either in inches, centimeters, pixels... etc. So the exact size is not a problem. 8)

By the way - After long hours of work I am steel not finished, I chooce a "PORSCHE" font for numbers wich looks exact like numbers in Porsche cars Damn it looks good.

I'll post unfinished product a little bitt later.

Rasko Da Gama
    I aded "NON-Finished Product" just two post up... I hope they'll be done tomorow.

bluedraco
    they look great

it's a pity though - i can't use them as my speedo goes to 240kmph and my redline doesn't start until 7,000rpm (and goes to 9,000rpm)!

the reason for this is that i have a DOHC model, not a SOHC

edit - oh yeah, and you drive opposite to us!

marktheblake
    Rasko

absolutely sensational!

I am tempted to install photoshop and have a crack at the job myself. Not to outdo you but its just a better feeling to be able to say "i made that"

plus i would have to swap the fuel temp guage anyhow.

But how are you going to print it and how will it look?

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'>But how are you going to print it and how will it look?</div>

I will print it out on special laserjet Photo paper with HP Color LaserJet printer... Exact measurements can be entered in Photoshop, so the size will be exact like original...

But aren't the original ones special because of the light that shines through?

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'>But aren't the original ones special because of the light that shines through?</div>

Sure they are... Look. I will change the bulbs, so the will give me blue light (and not stock green), the idea is that in the night there will be visible whole Gauge and not just the numbers.
    Anyway - I'll post pictures after install, also the ones in the night

Rasko Da Gama
    Well... I think this is it. I changed the Font to "Fusion", since it comes out that it is visible much better, but still similar in stile. A few corrections were also made, and I aded pointers, for better imagination 8)

This are going on Photo paper tomorrow... So, still any sugestions?

Click on picture for bigger size

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sure they are... Look. I will change the bulbs, so the will give me blue light (and not stock green), the idea is that in the night there will be visible whole Gauge and not just the numbers. Â*
    Anyway - I'll post pictures after install, also the ones in the night Â*</div>Ok, I'm looking forward to it. ;-)

orangbaligila
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedraco
    they look great

it's a pity though - i can't use them as my speedo goes to 240kmph and my redline doesn't start until 7,000rpm (and goes to 9,000rpm)!

the reason for this is that i have a DOHC model, not a SOHC

edit - oh yeah, and you drive opposite to us!
    same speedo as mine buddy,... i'll stick w/ the black ones i guess,... or maybe custom fitting autometer gauges to the pod (would be a hell of tightness in a small box i guess, hehehe...)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast