The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: found HOT reverse glow gauge kits for 92-93 galants

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 88
    orangbaligila
    rasko,... you've got respect, dude,.... not so many ppl spend their own time to make their own stuff these days,....

good luck with your project, and if you could just make it for all 6G models, i can help you to market it in South East Asia (as we don't have any white gauges for Eternas (6G galants) over here) ,.. maybe we can even find ways to integrate the blue glow-lights as well (who knows?!)

keep us informed

bluedraco
    bad news from me (and for me) guys

i took my gauge cluster off and scanned in my stock gauges with a high resolution for me to make my own ones from...when i finished scanning them in i put the stock ones back in my car but i can't get the tacho and speedo gauges to be accurate...

please see this thread to try and help me as i'm stuck and don't know what else i can do:

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22359

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by orangbaligila
    rasko,... you've got respect, dude,.... not so many ppl spend their own time to make their own stuff these days,....

good luck with your project, and if you could just make it for all 6G models, i can help you to market it in South East Asia (as we don't have any white gauges for Eternas (6G galants) over here) ,.. maybe we can even find ways to integrate the blue glow-lights as well (who knows?!)

keep us informed
    Actually that's not a bad idea. But first I'd like too see the result of my work - especially in the night. So I'll make some pictures this weekend when I install gauges - than we can arange something if everybody like them so much 8)

I'll need a good, quality picture of scaned gauges for DOHC Galants (GSR and VR-4 are the same I suppose). I can put just new layers of numbers and lines, maybe I can add a 260km/h number if you like :twisted: hehehe

We'll talk about that after the result is shown, but I'll be glad too help Australian G-lovers and others with km/h gaguges.

Cheers for now mates...

bluedraco
    i have some australian DOHC model ones scanned in (7,000-9,000rpm redline, 240kmph speedo)...

if you would like me to send them to you by email please give me your email address

it would be even greater if you could make some quick ones up for me, like yours, but with a RED redline and not quite as fancy (but still like that carbon fibre look)...

let me know

marktheblake
    Quote Originally Posted by orangbaligila
    i can help you to market it in South East Asia (as we don't have any white gauges for Eternas (6G galants) over here) ,.. maybe we can even find ways to integrate the blue glow-lights as well (who knows?!)
    OK, Bali dude has the franchise rights for SE Asia,
    I will take Australasia.
    Jeuken takes Western Europe, any more?

as for the glow has anyone thought of this? the suggestion (somewhere else) was to print out the guages on half mm (or 1) thick Polythingyate sheet.

well why cant we get a blue translucent poythingyate sheet, and when printing the guages, where the numbers are, the printer doesnt print. that way the back light makes em glow.

or if its not possible to find that kind of Poly, then find a clear one, and paint it first Blue, with special ink i suppose. then overpaint it white and leave the gaps, kinda like screen printing.

Dunno about where you are rasko, but i am sure Bali Orang might just know someone that could make these, and at a good price too.

Rasko Da Gama
    Look... I don't intend too make milions with this project... Just wanted too help all those 6-G owners who have 240km/h and 7k-9k Gauges.
    Shipping should be very cheap since this Gauges are not heavy stuff (even across the Globe) And I wouldn't charge this Gauges High...

First Off All I'd first like to see the result - than we'll talk further 8)

And Bluedraco, you can send me those scaned Gauges here:
    [email protected]

Cheerz fellas.

BTW: I already send Gauges for printing - I hope they'll manage to make them tomorrow.

marktheblake
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasko Da Gama
    Look... I don't intend too make milions with this project...
    i figure you could make a million if you sold them for about $50,000 each - just :-)

how you are doing this. are you printing the guages on quality paper and then sitting on top of the old guages, or printing on a thick plastic layer

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by marktheblake
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasko Da Gama
    Look... I don't intend too make milions with this project...
    i figure you could make a million if you sold them for about $50,000 each - just :-)

how you are doing this. are you printing the guages on quality paper and then sitting on top of the old guages, or printing on a thick plastic layer
    They are not finished yet :cry: I'll get them at the begining of next week.
    And they will be printed on high quylity Photo paper (thin). Old gauges will go out and the new ones will go in instead.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    damn, slowly scrolling down these 2 pages...i've never seen so much 6G parephenalia (sp?) and avatars in my LIFE! rock on 6Gers
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    damn, slowly scrolling down these 2 pages...i've never seen so much 6G parephenalia (sp?) and avatars in my LIFE! rock on 6Gers
    Someone has too let these cars live! (6-Gz I mean...)
    Thanx for support Peanotation

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*And they will be printed on high quylity Photo paper (thin). Old gauges will go out and the new ones will go in instead. Â*</div>

wouldnt that be a problem becuase they are not firm enough. they would get all wobbly etc

i would have thought that they would have to be supported by something.

Rasko Da Gama
    hmm I would tell you if I knew the word for this...

Before I put them in I'll have them "plastificied" if anybody understand.
    That means that on front and back side there will be "a see through plastic material" for gauges to be stronger.

Sorry for my english - but that's the best way I can describe it. :oops:

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmm I would tell you if I knew the word for this...</div>

I know what you mean, same thing they do to cheap ID cards etc.
    i am pretty sure we call it plastificied :-)

Rasko Da Gama
    That's right - same as cheap ID cards

Than I was right

bluedraco
    guys, you are both wrong

it's called "laminating"

for example:

"i have posters of cars on the wall that are laminated"

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluedraco)</div><div class='quotemain'>guys, you are both wrong Â* Â*

it's called "laminating"

for example:

"i have posters of cars on the wall that are laminated"

</div>

OK - than I'll have LAMINATED GAUGES

Shit, it's not even a month ago since I opened up the gauge housing to fix my high beam indicator lamp.......

And now you tell me I'm gonna have to open it up AGAIN??!!????

Jan Kenneth
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

Yo Rasko!

By the way, if you pay for the shipping costs of that custom 12" woofer enclosure that I'm not using anymore, I will GIVE it too you if I get a set of those gauge faces in return

Jan Kenneth
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluedraco)</div><div class='quotemain'>guys, you are both wrong Â* it's called "laminating" </div>

Mate, no way am i gunna tell anyone my gauges are laminated. Getting em plastificied is a technologically superior process, and it will impress the ladies.

(not the gauges but the fact that can say the word without dribbling)

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pro_sniper)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yo Rasko!

By the way, if you pay for the shipping costs of that custom 12" woofer enclosure that I'm not using anymore, I will GIVE it too you if I get a set of those gauge faces in return Â* Â*

Jan Kenneth</div>

Hey Sniper - you have a deal. I'll let you know when the gauges are finished and we'll work it out.
    I'll PM you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>...Getting em plastificied is a technologically superior process, and it will impress the ladies. Â* Â*
    (not the gauges but the fact that can say the word without dribbling)</div>

I see your point here m8 :jester:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast