The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: found HOT reverse glow gauge kits for 92-93 galants

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 88
    Rasko Da Gama
    OK! My gauges are almost done

I got them today - printed on high quality Photo paper with Epson Stylus 2100 Photo printer. And I must tell you that they look TOTALY AWSOME!

Now I just have to get them plastificied and then they're going in!
    Of course I'll post some pictures - but I just couldn't wait to tell you mates that they look really nice when printed out!
    8)

marktheblake
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasko Da Gama
    Now I just have to get them plastificied and then they're going in!
    Great stuff, and plastificied is much better than embalming them.

I cant wait to see it, in fact i am gunna sit here all night and wait....

Rasko Da Gama
    But today I was thinking...
    Maybe it is OK if I just put them in just like they are now. I can't wait too 8)

Tomorrow morning I am going to Germany for 2 days (business trip). So on friday when I'm back I'll put them in and post pictures...

I was just thinking... 8)

If you could somehow install a blacklight tube in front of and above the gauge faces, they would illuminate by themselves since the new faces are white and should reflect the blacklight in a way similar to the way electro-luminescent gauges light up. Of course you'd have to do it so that the tube itself doesn't show....

An easier way to make the light shine through the laminated (or plastificied, if you're looking to chat up girls talking about your car mods) paper would be to replace the gauge illumination bulbs for some slightly more powerful ones.

I think I would be able to fit a blacklight without too much hassle...if only it weren't so damn cold outside

Rasko, I would very much appreciate it if you could do some additional photoshopping for me. As we spoke of earlier, I need some of the symbols on the gauge faces to be changed for them to be in accordance with my original ones. I'll take a photo some day soon so you can see what they look like and get to work for me.

I'm sooooo looking forward to getting these! :twisted:

Jan Kenneth
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

marktheblake
    Quote Originally Posted by pro_sniper
    paper would be to replace the gauge illumination bulbs for some slightly more powerful ones.
    plastificied guages might not be so tolerant of the extra heat?
    I guess its just a case of trying.

Rasko Da Gama
    OK my friends... They are in! And they look AWSOME !!! :shock:

But I am not yet satisfied with the result at night... I'll have to figure that out later. But this are details. Anyway... What do you think?
    I also prepared more pictures - and when I'll have time I'll make a tutorial about the whole project...

Here they are - click on the image for bigger picture

:shock: Me wants the precious.......

Looks awesome dude...
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

bluedraco
    looks great rasko!

i'd love if you could reply to my email with some ones made up for me (with the template i sent you)!!!

so, you printed them out on photo quality paper and then laminated them or what exactly?

it would be REALLY cool if you could make mine look like that!

I can't believe how good they look!!!!????!!!!!

I wouldn't think they were home-made if I didn't know it to begin with. Please send me the file fast, please please please

Jan Kenneth

www.silvergalant.com

Rasko Da Gama
    Bluedraco - I'll do it for you as soon as I have the time. I know that you can't wait, but I'm filed up with work these days and I promise that I'll do something soon.

Pro-sniper - You've got mail Whit gauges as an attachment.

I didn't have them laminated or plastificied... I just put them in as they were. I am totaly satisfied with the result in day-light, bit I'l have to do something with the lighting in the night - it doesn't looks so good as I though it would. I think the best result would be if I could make lights from front and took out the lights behind . that would luuk really great. But again - I'll have to find some time to make this.

marktheblake
    Rasko- you are worthy.

Just thinking out loud here.

Perhaps the gauges could be printed onto an Opaque White Translucent type of plastic (easy for an inkjet printer). So that in day time they just have a plain white background. But at night the lights behind the gauges would make the white backgrounds glow, and the numbers will remain black. That could look good?

Alternatively, have the gauges professionaly printed on translucent Blue plastic, and the gauge is printed but the numbers and other indicator marks are left blank, so that the rear light makes the numbers glow.

Rasko Da Gama
    I found some interesting information regarding lighting of custom gauges.
    Be sure to check this out:
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/rickdupuis/Pictur...stom_gauges.htm

And even much much better tutorial of how to make "Custom Indiglo White face Gauges"
    http://russ.angrypacket.com/howto/carstuff...auges/index.php?

marktheblake
    Aha - so thats the trick!

You make two gauge templates and then stick them together, thats how its done properly. The one at the back with the black body prevents the light from coming through where its not wanted.

marktheblake
    Ok. Rasko has given me the custom gauge bug. Just what i needed, another distraction from working :-)

Here is part of something i was working on today, not finished yet, not sure if i will finish it, let alone make them for real, but it's fun to think about it.

Yeh - I know its corny, but then again nobody else has gauges like that :-)

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>...Yeh - I know its corny, but then again nobody else has gauges like that :-)</div>

That's the word m8 :thumbsup:

Guess who's started working on his car?

Removing the speedo housing from the car is every bit as easy as you said, Rasko! Took me a good ten minutes, and I was being careful since I wasn't too sure about how to do it. Next time I remove it it won't even take me five minutes....

Jan Kenneth

www.silvergalant.com

marktheblake
    Hey, that vertical row of blanks underneath the High beam indicator (which is used for the automatics to show what gear you are in). Has anyone thought of something to make use of that?

bluedraco
    Rasko - i have emailed you but received no response...just wondering, are you still going to design me some gauges? or aren't you? if you aren't, at least tell me so i'm not expecting anything from you! thanks...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey, that vertical row of blanks underneath the High beam indicator (which is used for the automatics to show what gear you are in). Â* Has anyone thought of something to make use of that?</div>

I've been thinking about that too... Sad to see all that space just go to waste. Let's put something in there! Anyone got any bright ideas??

www.silvergalant.com

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluedraco)</div><div class='quotemain'>Rasko - i have emailed you but received no response...just wondering, are you still going to design me some gauges? Â*or aren't you? Â*if you aren't, at least tell me so i'm not expecting anything from you! Â*thanks...

</div>

Sorry mate, but I was really buisy these days. :cry: I will do something for you this weekend - I promisse!

I even didn't check my hotmail inbox for a few days now...
    But like I said - I'll make it happen - I promisse

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast