The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight upgrade

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Headlight upgrade

I just bought a 2000 v6 galant es and I am looking to change my headlights. I plan to clear my corners and put some hyper whites in there. As far as the headlight assembly what would be a good bulb to get and with what wattage? Will I need to change the harness and what will I need if necessary?

sylvania silverstar.... i cant describe how incredible these are, they are pure white, and light up the road so well. its something you have to experience for yourself. most people on here from what i have seen all give good reviews to the bulb... enjoy
    -Travis

My Car

i definitely recommend the sylvania silverstars...if youre not gonna change the harness...i have them and like them alot...very bright, very white, not ricer blue either...only thing i'd ever do different with my headlights...is maybe when i have the money...do an HID conversion...but thats quite a while down the road
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

tribal
    How much should they normally go for? I saw them in AutoZone a town over and they were like 20$ a bulb. Is that normal? Over priced? Know where is cheaper? Thanks in advance.

Dre
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tribal)</div><div class='quotemain'>How much should they normally go for? Â*I saw them in AutoZone a town over and they were like 20$ a bulb. Â*Is that normal? Â*Over priced? Â*Know where is cheaper? Â*Thanks in advance.</div>

That's about right --between $15 and $20 apiece. AutoZone is the same no matter where. Some people who have Advance Auto stores in their area, which I do not, have found them for $15.

MitsuRacer
    No disrespect, I like the silverstars.....but I'm telling you right now if you put your car next to my car with Nokya Arctic Whites, yours will look Dodge Neon Yellow......mine are the coolest blue glow i have ever seen, honestly they are $30 H.I.D. lights. :twisted:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuRacer)</div><div class='quotemain'>No disrespect, I like the silverstars.....but I'm telling you right now if you put your car next to my car with Nokya Arctic Whites, yours will look Dodge Neon Yellow......mine are the coolest blue glow i have ever seen, honestly they are $30 H.I.D. lights. :twisted:</div>

yours are probably bluer, and thats great for the hid look, but i would be willing to venture that the silverstars light the road better. imo it all about if you want looks or functionality/performance. i chose the silverstar for the functionality side of things.
    -Travis

My Car

well, i just dropped the $ for the silverstars a couple weeks ago...so when they go out or when i get a wild hair....ill give the arctic whites a shot if i just dont get crazy and go buy a real HID kit and do it like reelax...lookin like a police chopper on the highway :twisted:
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

Va_G_Unit
    I personally like the 6000K HID's I have in my car. I don't know about the bulbs but if you go HID then your limited to your option as far as High/Low beam capability. My HID's are low beam only but I will probably spend the extra $ to get the new HID H4HL which gives high and low beam capability. The only thing that sucks is that they only come in 8000K which is more of a purplish blue color than blue.

MitsuRacer
    Thats the great thing about the Arctic Whites, not only do they look excellent, but they illuminate the road extremely well too. One of them burned out the other day and my dad drove in the car. When it got dark, he asked me why i had my high beams on, and he was shocked that it was only one headlight on low beam making that much light. I swear by these bad boys. People comment on them all the time. Just my 2cents.:twisted:

sorry if this has been asked, but i have a cold an am seeing double thanks to a healthy dose of tylenol cold and nyquil...did you have to replace your harness with the nokyas or did you leave it stock?
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>did you have to replace your harness with the nokyas or did you leave it stock?</div>

yeah i wanna know too

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuRacer)</div><div class='quotemain'>No disrespect, I like the silverstars.....but I'm telling you right now if you put your car next to my car with Nokya Arctic Whites, yours will look Dodge Neon Yellow......mine are the coolest blue glow i have ever seen, honestly they are $30 H.I.D. lights. :twisted:</div>

dats just like mine.. 90/100 watts 8)
    Diego

BXNYMitsu01
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuRacer)</div><div class='quotemain'>......mine are the coolest blue glow i have ever seen, honestly they are $30 H.I.D. lights. :twisted:</div>

Cool, I paid well over $30 to get the real HID look.

Wolf-
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BXNYMitsu01)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuRacer)</div><div class='quotemain'>......mine are the coolest blue glow i have ever seen, honestly they are $30 H.I.D. lights. :twisted:</div>

Cool, I paid well over $30 to get the real HID look.</div>

I really like the clean white look of the Sylvania lamps.

As an aside, BXNYMitsu01, what percentage tinting is on your car?

Sending mine up to the tinter tomorrow. GA allows 32% and I'm wondering if it might be too dark for the silver car.

Wolf-
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dre)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tribal)</div><div class='quotemain'>How much should they normally go for? Â*I saw them in AutoZone a town over and they were like 20$ a bulb. Â*Is that normal? Â*Over priced? Â*Know where is cheaper? Â*Thanks in advance.</div>

That's about right --between $15 and $20 apiece. AutoZone is the same no matter where. Some people who have Advance Auto stores in their area, which I do not, have found them for $15.</div>

Advanced (http://www.advanceautoparts.com/) is running a promo this week.
    First bulb is $19.98, second one is 50% off, with a $6 mail in rebate.
    Saw the flyer when I was in for something else this week.

gotta love the search function!!!! so do you have to change your harness for the nokya's??? where is the best place to buy them???

The 99 Galant
    but is it the ricer blue color or is it the so clear white that at certain angles its blue look? I would hate people to think my car is a ricer.

hehe. i'll put my car next yours and we'll stand in front of them w/ the lights on. you can even turn on your brights and i'll leave mine off... cuz if i turn my brights on, we'll see spots for an hour. but i'm cheating... my lights cost over $1000 for the 2 HID kits.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverDragonGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>well, i just dropped the $ for the silverstars a couple weeks ago...so when they go out or when i get a wild hair....ill give the arctic whites a shot if i just dont get crazy and go buy a real HID kit and do it like reelax...lookin like a police chopper on the highway Â*:twisted:</div>

here's a pic of what silver dragon is talking about:

keep in mind that the fogs and the corners are hyperwhites and sheer brightness/whitness of real HID threw the digital camera's white balance off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BXNYMitsu01)</div><div class='quotemain'>Cool, I paid well over $30 to get the real HID look.</div>

yeah me too.