The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: anyway to get rid of the govenor??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    8ggalant
    damn i need ona those (99ecu)....so many parts so little money...he b...lemme get a loan

my car maxed out at 115

my 99 i went about 120 but now i have rims n tires n it maxes out at 115 and its a 99 when i maxed it out i was so dissapointed the rpm wasnt high and i heard in here that i had no governer.!

HKS makes speedlimit and fuel cutoff defencer, look into that. Here's a link
    check it out http://www.shinestreet.com/products/electronic/

Re: my car maxed out at 115

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atx)</div><div class='quotemain'>my 99 i went about 120 but now i have rims n tires n it maxes out at 115 and its a 99 when i maxed it out i was so dissapointed the rpm wasnt high and i heard in here that i had no governer.!</div>

120 thats it? dont you have a V6...oh yea my comment about the 99 ecu not having a limiter refers to ONLY I4 owners opps lol What performance mods do you have all I see in you profile is visual stuff?

Yet another reason why I4's have alot more potential

8ggalant: Im broke I dont know why u think I have deep pockets....lol

Experienced TGC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(atx)</div><div class='quotemain'>my 99 i went about 120 but now i have rims n tires n it maxes out at 115 and its a 99 when i maxed it out i was so dissapointed the rpm wasnt high and i heard in here that i had no governer.!</div>

120 thats it? dont you have a V6...oh yea my comment about the 99 ecu not having a limiter refers to ONLY I4 owners opps lol What performance mods do you have all I see in you profile is visual stuff?

8ggalant: Im broke I dont know why u think I have deep pockets....lol</div>

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I have a v6

dhd

how much does that hks speed thing cost? how would u install it? how fast do u think the V6 would top out at with that? any help would be cool

Re: dhd

Quote Originally Posted by atx
    how fast do u think the V6 would top out at with that?
    V6 stock without limiter probrably wont do anymore then 130-135. To me the v6 feels sluggish at 100 and up.

mjc1055

Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    my 99 i went about 120 but now i have rims n tires n it maxes out at 115 and its a 99 when i maxed it out i was so dissapointed the rpm wasnt high and i heard in here that i had no governer.!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I have a v6

first time i think ive ever heard anybody complain about that... usually its the other way around! (nooooooo i have an i4!)

thats ok. you can take jet blak. hes a v6 traitor

jk. take me too. i wish it wasnt so hard to get to our spark plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000GTZ
    i wish it wasnt so hard to get to our spark plugs.
    Yup yup, I feel your pain. Best way around it is just pratice doing it time and time again then it may be as easy as a I4 lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jet BLaK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mante

hahahahaahahahaa, that sucks man. V6s would be able to pull higher speeds easier than the I4. but damn, i feel bad for you speed hungry 8G guys, i hit 115 at least 3-4 times a week going to school. there's this huge straightaway 2 miles long thats soooo flat (i have coilovers, must have flat road) and you can see if there are any cops, so neeedless to say, speed test every day. i think its 121 the highest i've been on there, just a god damn minivan got in the way, a good 1/2 mile ahead
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>. V6s would be able to pull higher speeds easier than the I4. </div>

121 damn you should move to MD lots of flat long straight roads to have fun on

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>. V6s would be able to pull higher speeds easier than the I4. </div>

121 damn you should move to MD lots of flat long straight roads to have fun on</div>

Can you say Indian Head Highway?
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Can you say Indian Head Highway? Â*</div>

Yup you read my mind, nevertheless a galant topping out at 115 -120 disturbs me greatly.

Galant_01
    The 8G V6 has a Computer Limited Fuel Cutoff at 128 MPH. I have hit this about 100 times. It feels like the cars almost dies! There really is no way around this unless you reprogram the ECU because that is what does this. I do beleive this is the same across all 3.0L V6 Galant's.

Experienced TGC Member
    Now whats really tickling my curiosity is why in the world did the Mitsu guys decide to give the sportier galant a fuel cutoff, and the normal one no fuel cutoff. Is the fuel cutoff supposed to be some kind of luxury? Its not like I wouldnt notice I was going 128 mph.

Gilhuly
    Getting rid of the cutoff would require stand alone engine management.

silver2k2
    I think all 8G's have fuel cutoffs whether they're 4 or 6 cyl. I have a 02" I4 and mine kicks in at about 125!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>Getting rid of the cutoff would require stand alone engine management.</div>

Stand alone engine managment, or stand alone fuel management. Or are they the same?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silver2k2)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think all 8G's have fuel cutoffs whether they're 4 or 6 cyl. Â*I have a 02" I4 and mine kicks in at about 125!!!</div>

Not accurate, as stated earlier the 99 I4's do not have hte limitation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Stand alone engine managment, or stand alone fuel management. Â*Or are they the same?</div>

They are different, the standalone engine managment or EMS can control everything under the hood minus the trans I believe. Spark, # cylinders, ignition timing, boost controller INCLUDING the fuel etc etc. Alittle more expensive but gives you total control. Where as the fuel managment can only control the fuel usually can also add more injectors to the vehicle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast