The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front end shake

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    BigJake

Front end shake

I've got a 2000 ES. I put new brakes on the front (new pads and new rotors) about three months ago. Well now I just put some new stock size tire on it and now when I brake, I get a little front end shake like the brake rotors are warped. I had the rotors cut at a chop but still I get the shakes on braking. Could it just be the tires need to be balanced better. I've done alot of brake jobs and tire changes and this has got me scratching my head. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Front end shake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigJake)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've got a 2000 ES. I put new brakes on the front (new pads and new rotors) about three months ago. Well now I just put some new stock size tire on it and now when I brake, I get a little front end shake like the brake rotors are warped. I had the rotors cut at a chop but still I get the shakes on braking. Could it just be the tires need to be balanced better. I've done alot of brake jobs and tire changes and this has got me scratching my head. Any help would be appreciated.</div>
    happens on my teg, too. Except mine only shakes when you are braking relatively hard from like 60-70 mph

Experienced TGC Member
    Maybe its you ABS? How hard are you braking?

BlueESV6
    Did you torque your lugs down? If they are not equal then you will re-warp your rotors from the unequal lug pressure! I always torque and then recheck the lug to around 80 ft lbs. I finally bought some drilled front rotors and the problem was solved.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe its you ABS? Â*How hard are you braking?</div>
    it's not ABS, lol....that would make the pedal pulsate, not the whole front end of the car!!!

Where di you get your most recent set of tires? They may be unbalanced. Make sure they are balanced, or you will have some goofy problems.

Warped rotors kind of feel like you are pushing on and letting off the brakes, they seem to grab one second and let go the next as the rotate around.

Check your toe angle...a toe-out in front (which isn't likely, but possible) can also do some strange things to brakes.