The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Halo's for the 99-03 Galant... UPDATED with WHITE Halo Pics!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 89

Halo's for the 99-03 Galant... UPDATED with WHITE Halo Pics!

How many people would be interested in halo headlights for their Galant. My cousins friend fabricated some halos for a hyundai tiburon and man do they look sweet. Now the question is many people would want them. Keep in mind the more demand for them the cheaper they probably would be. If you would like to see pics of the tiburon halos that he made email me with a email address and i will send you a link. [email protected]

hikix
    how about a tutorial so we can save ourselves 300 bux???

MitsuRacer
    mmm yea I like option B

majikTib
    the guy who makes them spends quite a bit of money building the molds and making them look professional. I've seen people try doing it themselves with little success, but this guy makes them look amazing. If you want to go buy the acrylic rods, bake them and form them to the proper size and perfect circle, use a dremel to get perfectly spaced slits, fit the LED's into the rods and wire everything up, go ahead... but it's well worth paying somebody who spent the time and money to make molds and automate it so that the slits are perfectly spaced and it looks professional.

He would probably also set it up like he has in the past... so that you could pay just for the halo's and wiring if you want to bake and pull apart your headlights and install the angel eyes yourselves. It would be cheaper for you to buy the halo's and wiring parts from him and install them yourself (if you feel comfortable baking and separating the headlight housing), or you can have him install the halo's for a little more.

Either way, would you be interested in buying angel eye headlights? Possibly buying the halo's and installing them yourselves? I'm sure both options would be available to you... that's the way he's done it in the last couple projects.

sounds like good idea to me there is already a tutorial to make halos... im not on my regular computer so i dont have the link but i'll get it for you guys... could he do different color leds i was thinking about blue
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

tribal
    Id be interested if it's a good price. If too high I'd rather just take the risk on the tutorial.

majikTib
    you could have any color halo you want. All he has to do is put in the certain color LED's. The acrylic rods are crystal clear so you won't see them in the daytime unless you get up to the headlight and look for it.

tribal... what would be considered "a good price" ??
    E-Mail [email protected] and he can send you a link to pictures

tribal
    One that I can afford I know other people dont mind paying certain prices for headlights and such but I myself can't. how much are you looking to sell these for?

majikTib
    I wouldn't be the one selling them. I am actually trying to get business for my friend who has made them for a few cars so far. He wants to be available to a larger market. He's currently working on halo's for RX-8 headlights and Hyundai Accents. If there is enough interest, he will be creating them for the Galants. There is a lot of trial and error work when finding the proper fitment and sizes for new headlights, and he puts a lot of time and work into it.

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    i'm interested in this. i guess i compare the cost of these halo's compared to projector headlights <---which i was gonna do myself.

i sent him an e-mail...that was his e-mail, right? anyways, will he be able to quote me a price? where is he located?
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

so he can do it on the jdm headlights also right?

majikTib
    if you have JDM headlights, you may have to send your headlights to him and have him install them... or you can request the halo's and do it yourself. He won't have a price until he makes the halo's and gets a mold made so he can get it perfect everytime.

galantevo --- Will JDM headlights require the same size halo's as regular headlights? If so, I don't see why it would be a problem. As long as the halo's will fit inside the housing and the halo fits around the projector part of the headlight.

He wanted me to see what the potential market was for the angel eye headlights. We are sending him a set of headlights today so that he can get started on a mold and sizing them up. It may be a few weeks before they are done, but we will let you know.

By the way, He's located in Southern California.

No, that wasn't his e-mail. He wanted us to find the potential market and how many people would be interested in it. He's busy working on the RX-8 headlight angel eyes right now and isn't checking his mail often, that is why we're basically marketing for him right now, so he can focus on getting the angel eyes made.

VIO
    i'm interested

Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    well, i'm very interested. i'll put my projector headlights project on hold until further notice. please keep us posted.

thanks for replying.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

Experienced TGC Member
    Im sorry but what are halo headlights?

I'm interested too--especially if the price is right. I'm wondering how he intends on doing this on stock headlights, since there's no projector/ie circular light since we have a parabolic reflector. Wouldn't it look kinda funny if say you have these stock housings/lights + some grafted on angel eyes especially if they are a different color. Seems like there might be a little more work involved than just getting the lights. I'm not knockin this guy's hustle--the idea seems hot--just not sure how he intends on pullin it off. Guess only time (or when someone gets a final product) will tell....
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

tribal
    Definetly interested.

Dre
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im sorry but what are halo headlights?</div>

Angel eyes...just different terminology. I'd be interested depending on the price.

gost2002es
    im definitley interested.

Geestylez
    interested fosho'

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast