The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I saw something on this, but need some advice on dropping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    jbragg11
    what about ground control?

would I have to change stock shocks then?

It says I wouldnt have to on this site:
    http://www.nipponpower.com/suspension/spri...mitsubishi.html

99+ Galant - [0-3.0" Drop]
    - (Works w/ Stock Shocks)

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbragg11)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about ground control?

- (Works w/ Stock Shocks)</div>

ok bro...what do u want us to say...startin to get a lil frustrated herr...we have said many times....yes u can drop yer car on stock shocks and struts....will they go out soon ...who knows...maybe maybe not....thats why it is encouraged that u buy them both at once....no one is gonna gurantee u the stock shocks wont go...hell they probly wont...but it may or may not happen....so to answer yer question...the gc's come (for some reason) with diff part #'s for kits with oem shocks/struts and aftermarket shocks/struts...so yes u can buy that gc kit...it will fit stock shocks/struts...but i stress again...i dont kno whether yer cars oem suspension will be ok or not....hope that answers yer ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbragg11)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about ground control?

- (Works w/ Stock Shocks)</div>

Hello,

I don't believe that the ground controls will fit with the spring seat of the stock (OEM) shock. You would need to get gr2's or something.

If you're going for looks and not so much performance go with either the Tein or Eibach kits. I know that with the Tein s-tech the spring rates are similiar to stock so you won't be stressing the oem shock assemble as much. I'm getting the s-tech in the near future because I don't want to fuss with getting an entire new setup. In my opinion either get the tein replacement springs or get a full replacement setup like the jic's. I'm of the opinion that mixing and matching spring shock setups isn't too precise. If I had lots of money to drop I'd want something complete and not mixed-matched.

I don't know if anyone can confirm this but I've always wondered about this page and if the listed setup for 1900 is actually for OUR cars.

http://www.jic-magic.com/productsjic_susp_flta2.htm

Will these really work?

L

Ground control makes coil overs that fit different types of shock/struts. That is why before ordering you need to make sure they are going to order the GC that will fit your shocks. In other words GC makes coilvers for the Galant but they make three types and the categorize this by the shock/struts you got or will be getting/using. If you have KYB AGX shock/struts then you can't fit the GC's that are made for the stock shocks even though they where both made for the same year Galant.

I just went to there site and they are remodeling and I can't find there old catalog. I only have this on my HD so if you guys are intrested I can email you the file so that you can make sure that you get the right GC's.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Re: front tower strut brace and rear lower tie bar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ground control makes coil overs that fit different types of shock/struts. Â*That is why before ordering you need to make sure they are going to order the GC that will fit your shocks. Â*In other words GC makes coilvers for the Galant but they make three types and the categorize this by the shock/struts you got or will be getting/using. Â*If you have KYB AGX shock/struts then you can't fit the GC's that are made for the stock shocks even though they where both made for the same year Galant.

I just went to there site and they are remodeling and I can't find there old catalog. Â*I only have this on my HD so if you guys are intrested I can email you the file so that you can make sure that you get the right GC's.</div>

thanks for the info, you car looks dope

jbragg11
    so the stock shocks are OEM?
    Could I not get OEM coilovers or springs and then that would match with the stock? And not get new struts> lol (probably not, but I thought I would ask)

Faction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>so the stock shocks are OEM? Â*
    Could I not get OEM coilovers or springs and then that would match with the stock? And not get new struts> lol (probably not, but I thought I would ask)</div>

damn boy, OEM is from the factory! what you have on your car now is Original Equipment from the Manufacturer. If you get Eibach's of KYB's, thats aftermarket. I think you're getting confused here. just get the Tein's or Eibachs and lower that thing, and when your OEM struts give way, buy KYB's!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12