The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I saw something on this, but need some advice on dropping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28
    jbragg11

I saw something on this, but need some advice on dropping

I was going to drop mine only like 1 inch... would the ride really be effected if I did not get different struts or anything like that?

I got some 18's and I wanted to drop it b/c the front wheelbase on galants are higher than the back ones...

Also, would it matter if I just put them on the front and not the back...

HELP

Thanks in advance

8ggalant
    u can use eibach springs they lower about 1.2 inches if im not correct ...and it should not effect yer stock shocks/struts....im lowered 2.2 in on stock and no problems yet

jbragg11
    where are some good places to look for coilovers?
    I dont want to spend A LOT of money, cause I just spent a lot on other things!

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbragg11)</div><div class='quotemain'>where are some good places to look for coilovers?
    I dont want to spend A LOT of money, cause I just spent a lot on other things!</div>

well coilovers usally cost more than springs for a good set...but if thats what u want try www.nopionline.com[img]groundcontrol coilovers tehy run about 350-400...cant remember[/img]

jbragg11
    I know nothing about lowering... so can I just use springs (cheaper?) than getting coilovers?

If I get springs, would I have to get new shocks or struts?

Thanks

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbragg11)</div><div class='quotemain'>I know nothing about lowering... so can I just use springs (cheaper?) than getting coilovers?

If I get springs, would I have to get new shocks or struts?

Thanks</div>

eventually yes because yer putting more of a load on the stock suspension than it was made for...but...therr are plenty of members who have gone without aftermarket shocks/struts for quite a while with no problem...i kno 1 person who had his lowered over 1 yr....but its up to u...coilovers have adjustable ride height...springs u get waht u buy

jbragg11
    are these bad?

lol... probably cause they are cheap...

http://www.racerwheel.com/suspension-coilo...shi-galant.html

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbragg11)</div><div class='quotemain'>are these bad?

lol... probably cause they are cheap... Â*

http://www.racerwheel.com/suspension-coilovers-mitsubishi-galant.html</div>

u get what u pay for...but therr have been a few members who have bought ebay or misc suspensions and been happy...some have not

jbragg11
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>eventually yes because yer putting more of a load on the stock suspension than it was made for...but...therr are plenty of members who have gone without aftermarket shocks/struts for quite a while with no problem...i kno 1 person who had his lowered over 1 yr....but its up to u...coilovers have adjustable ride height...springs u get waht u buy</div>

so:

coilovers = adjustable... does not hurt suspension (like the struts etc..) and more expensive

springs = u get what get (not adjustable)... hurts the suspension (leading you to buy new struts etc...) and less expensive

????

LOL

jbragg11
    All I really want is it to be lowered a little (for looks) and at the same time, I dont really want to buy new struts (cause I am assuming that they will give out... stock, that is)...

I guess I am screwed...

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE WHEELBASE DIFFERENCE...

I just hate that the rims on the back tires are close to the wheelbase and the front tires are farther away from the wheelbase!!

Why did Mitsubishi make it like this!!!!!!!!!

8ggalant
    coilovers or springs could potentially hurt the oem shocks or struts...on some cars sooner than others...

jbragg11
    is there any way to fix the gap difference in the front besides lowering it?
    I hate how the wheel well is cut different in the front!

The back looks great, but I cant stand the front!

Experienced TGC Member
    Just get Eibachs man! damn.. they are designed to go with stock struts so they should not burn yours out anytime soon.

Any Spring or coilover will run down your stock struts over time, the main factor is how far you lower your car. The lower you go, the harder on your stock struts it will be.

BTW, the reason the fender gap looks bigger in the front is because the fender is actually higher than the rear, the suspension is perfectly level.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

jbragg11
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just get Eibachs man! damn.. they are designed to go with stock struts so they should not burn yours out anytime soon.

Any Spring or coilover will run down your stock struts over time, the main factor is how far you lower your car. The lower you go, the harder on your stock struts it will be. Â*

BTW, the reason the fender gap looks bigger in the front is because the fender is actually higher than the rear, the suspension is perfectly level.</div>

so if I get eibachs and lower it just about 1.5'', then I could keep my stock stuff?

Experienced TGC Member
    Yes.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

I have been running Progress springs for over a year on stock struts and I have had no problem. At the very lest just get the springs and by the time that the stock struts start to get bad you should have saved enough for some good shocks/struts. KYB is a good and you don't have to get the AGX.

or get bigger wheels....

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

FYI Club3g for the eclipse 2000 and above has a group buy on KYB AGX shocks and struts 4 for $335 and that'll be the price shipped for a long time. The url is...... http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthr...threadid=119495 you have to become a member there but it's all good. Jessica s realy nice. I'm ordering mine next month and I have TEIN S Tech's from ebay one of the better suspension springs out there and I got em for $110 shipped.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

jbragg11
    good looking....

thanks!

jbragg11
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    Yes.
    but if I only lower it 1'' or 1.5'', will this do damage to my stock struts and shocks over time? (thats using the eibach springs)

Experienced TGC Member
    Over time, yes. How long really depends on the way you treat your car, drive, and the condition of the roads. Should last you quite a while.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast