The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: which spark plug ngk or bosch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32
    99blkgalant

which spark plug ngk or bosch

hey guys i need to ask which spark plugs do best in a galant bosch or ngk and should i use the reg ones or platinum ones

99blkgalant
    just found out they put the ngk v power plugs in my car when i had them done at goodyear

No Bosch they suuck
    The Altima

99blkgalant
    ok someone tell me this the guy at napa told me that the ngk v power are the standard spark plug for a 8g is that right or not i need to know cause i bought them just 2 minutes ago and now i dont know if i want to put them on or not

Moosh
    Get regular NGK's, none of that special shit. They are what your car is supposed to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosh
    Get regular NGK's, none of that special shit. They are what your car is supposed to use.
    definitely. I bought the bosch plat. +2's for my car hoping to even out my a/f ratio at 6500 rpms. They sold them "pre-gapped," so me being an idiot i bolted them right in. Turns out, they were gapped completely wrong, and my idle got VERY messed up, along with me showing an extremely lean a/f ratio on my a/f gauge. Wasn't burning up all the gas necessary, and the ECU was freaking out because of the signals it was receiving from the 02 sensor.

Just a lesson, never, ever, ever trust a company to gap your spark plugs for you. Do it yourself with single-electrode, stock plugs.

I got v power installed and it damn good maaaan
    The Altima

Quote Originally Posted by GoldGalant [Reborn
    ]I got v power installed and it damn good maaaan
    If you think spark plugs are a performance part, I have some windshield washer L.E.D.'s I'd like to sell you...

Really!!!! I am not a hard core modder but I can tell and feel the difference between the Bosch and NGK V-power because it is my car and I should how it responds. So next time keep your half ass comments to yourself yah dig :idea:
    The Altima

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i know in my friend's Audi A4 1.8T we felt the difference with spark plugs, and i dont even drive his car. it pulled ever so slightly higher on this really steep hill we test shit out on. but thats' a chipped Turbo.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

]Really!!!! I am not a hard core modder but I can tell and feel the difference between the Bosch and NGK V-power because it is my car and I should how it responds. So next time keep your half ass comments to yourself yah dig :idea:
    OK, put Bosch plugs in your car. Dyno it. Then put NGK v-power plugs in your car. Dyno it. You won't see any gains. It's a psychological effect, I guess you could describe it best as the Placebo effect.
    This is especially true because you are NOT a hardcore modder, as said by yourself. You have no reason to change spark plugs if you haven't changed fuel delivery due to significantly increased airflow (not like intake and exhaust...like turbo, supercharger, or nitrous) Don't you trust Mitsubishi enough to put the proper spark plugs in your car to ignite the charge properly? Until you really start tuning, you have no reason to go to autozone asking anything but "Can you look up the stock spark plugs for a Galant?"
    Check your air/fuel ratio and EGT, if you want. I guarantee you'll notice no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ScootinIntegra
    It's a psychological effect, I guess you could describe it best as the Placebo effect.
    Check your air/fuel ratio and EGT. I guarantee you'll notice no difference. Go do some research.
    I agree no power gains on spark plugs, but u aint right in the world of knowledge we call your "air/fuel" ratio gauge a idiot gauge
    You want to monitor that do it right i could tell if a car is running rich or lean dont need no gauge to tell me that.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Quote Originally Posted by MidNightRacing
    Quote Originally Posted by ScootinIntegra
    It's a psychological effect, I guess you could describe it best as the Placebo effect.
    Check your air/fuel ratio and EGT. I guarantee you'll notice no difference. Go do some research.
    I agree no power gains on spark plugs, but u aint right in the world of knowledge we call your "air/fuel" ratio gauge a idiot gauge
    You want to monitor that do it right i could tell if a car is running rich or lean dont need no gauge to tell me that.
    Guessing won't get you anywhere...looking at your plugs will get you closer, but you need to get it dyno'd, and check your air/fuel ratio there. I have an a/f ratio gauge for rough estimates, because usually when something goes wrong on a car with that ratio, it's big. You can notice it then. You should never tune off and a/f gauge.

Pray tell, what do YOU use to determine your a/f ratio?

Depends on how much money you got. Snap-on would be the cheapest just a scanner hooked up n drive to this other monitor which runs for like $700 it gives you every second of it. Arent the a/f gauge just a estiment too? it doese'nt really give u numbers like the above mentioned items. I say i can guess better then the gauge. Who's wit me on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MidNightRacing
    Depends on how much money you got. Snap-on would be the cheapest just a scanner hooked up n drive to this other monitor which runs for like $700 it gives you every second of it. Arent the a/f gauge just a estiment too? it doese'nt really give u numbers like the above mentioned items. I say i can guess better then the gauge. Who's wit me on this?
    You can't guess better than the gauge can detect, it receives a signal from the 02 sensor, and the signal's strength depends on how much oxygen the detector sense in the exhaust. More oxygen = lean mixture. Less or no oxygen = rich mixture. It may not portray it exactly, but once again, I already said that you shouldn't tune off an a/f ratio gauge, it's just not exact enough. You can, however, see if your car is running predominantly rich or lean, and make minor adjustments via fpr or afc. I don't think that we're arguing that point, however.
    Why spend $700 on a snap on when you could get your car dyno'd for $50, with EXACT numbers of your a/f ratio, not just your guesses.
    If you don't even know how an a/f ratio gauge works, you shouldn't be guessing at your a/f ratio. Do you even know how to check your spark plugs to determine if you're running rich or lean?

OK, put Bosch plugs in your car. Dyno it. Then put NGK v-power plugs in your car. Dyno it. You won't see any gains. It's a psychological effect, I guess you could describe it best as the Placebo effect.
    This is especially true because you are NOT a hardcore modder, as said by yourself. You have no reason to change spark plugs if you haven't changed fuel delivery due to significantly increased airflow (not like intake and exhaust...like turbo, supercharger, or nitrous) Don't you trust Mitsubishi enough to put the proper spark plugs in your car to ignite the charge properly? Until you really start tuning, you have no reason to go to autozone asking anything but "Can you look up the stock spark plugs for a Galant?"
    Check your air/fuel ratio and EGT, if you want. I guarantee you'll notice no difference.
    YAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYada
    Good for you HonDUH owner [/quote]
    The Altima

]YAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYadaYAdaYada YadaYada
    Good for you HonDUH owner
    [/quote]
    hahaha...lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Depends on how much money you got. Snap-on would be the cheapest just a scanner hooked up n drive to this other monitor which runs for like $700 it gives you every second of it. Arent the a/f gauge just a estiment too? it doese'nt really give u numbers like the above mentioned items. I say i can guess better then the gauge. Who's wit me on this?</div>
    You can't guess better than the gauge can detect, it receives a signal from the 02 sensor, and the signal's strength depends on how much oxygen the detector sense in the exhaust. More oxygen = lean mixture. Less or no oxygen = rich mixture. It may not portray it exactly, but once again, I already said that you shouldn't tune off an a/f ratio gauge, it's just not exact enough. You can, however, see if your car is running predominantly rich or lean, and make minor adjustments via fpr or afc. I don't think that we're arguing that point, however.
    Why spend $700 on a snap on when you could get your car dyno'd for $50, with EXACT numbers of your a/f ratio, not just your guesses.
    If you don't even know how an a/f ratio gauge works, you shouldn't be guessing at your a/f ratio. Do you even know how to check your spark plugs to determine if you're running rich or lean?</div>

The snap-on scan tool is like $400 the other one cost $700 i forgot what its called. And you can use the scanner for more then just that so i think a scanner is worth it if your a serious tunner. Spark plugs? what r thoes? tell me almighty acura boy! What im really gettin to is that the gauge tells u rich or lean. No exact number so therefor theres no point to it while u can tell if its rich or lean to what end you might be off. but if you cant then get the gauge. Ill tell you right now my cars been runnin rich for about a month now gotta see whats wrong wit it. Im too lazy

I don't even know why I'm getting into this, but keep in mind that an A/F gauge only works accurately in closed loop mode. And as far as detecting if your car is running rich or lean without some type of equipment, that's about as accurate as a butt dyno. If you want to bet the internals of your engine on your ability to guess what it's doing at WOT, that's up to you.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Spark plugs? what r thoes? tell me almighty acura boy! Â*What im really gettin to is that the gauge tells u rich or lean.</div>
    I'm not turning this into a "who has the most clever insult" thread.

The gauge tells you rich or lean. That is correct. However, it does not give you exact numbers. Therefore, you can only make minor adjustments with it, such as richening out a lean mixture at WOT. You know your car is supposed to go rich (and pretty darn rich) when you are at WOT, to resist knocking? You know what detonation does to a motor? Well say you're cruising along, and you notice your a/f ratio is way over in the lean portion of your gauge. Would you really want to wait for a dyno tuner to check that? No. You'd want to know now so you can temporarily solve the problem. You can't tune off it, I said that like 5 times already, so stop accusing me of thinking that.

I really don't know why you brought up a/f ratio gauges in a thread that really had nothing to do with them....your posts are pointless and point this guy in the wrong direction. He said he's NOT a serious tuner, and then you sit there and tell him "well, if you're a serious tuner then you should buy these $700 worth of tools to read this ratio..."
    Don't post up things you don't know about. You can keep arguing, but I'm just going to sit here and laugh at your pathetic attempts to be correct. When you're wrong, admit it, we're done. I do the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast