The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i4 ripp header

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    Fast99ES
    Holy shit...If all goes well, I should be expieriencing those numbers this week... 8)

leadfoot
    how long dies it ussualy take for the header to be shipped?

Fast99ES
    Ross told me around 3-4days because of where I'm located.

BlankMan
    If they are in. They've been on back order at least since Oct. 17th when I ordered mine. Cody was supposed to get with their guy in RI last Thursday to see if any sets were complet - mine and 3 or 4 others were on back-order. I'm calling Mon. for an update...

J

Fast99ES
    I'm gonna call tomorrow too. Jus to make sure things are copasetic.

Fast99ES
    Well, I called them and they said they are gonna be shipped out tomorrow. So hopefully I should get them on Monday or Tuesday.

Fast99ES
    Well guys...I got the header...Raw stainless steel header,mid section with high flow cat already attached, and a urethane motor mount...so in a month or so I should have them in!!!!

BlankMan
    A month!?! I installed mine this weekend

J

Fast99ES
    How was the install? Easy? Jus simple unbolting? Hope so...What you use? Man I dont have enough room to do that in my Apt complex...

BlankMan
    The install wasn't too bad - except there was "mother natures weld" (rust) on a few bolts that caused me problems. So, while I wouldn't say "simple" unbolting - it still was just a matter of removing stock and installing the RIPP header and mid-pipe with HFC. Everything fit right up to the stock locations and bolted snug.

Almost too snug, actually. Right now, where the header curves under the engine, it is in contact with the oil pan. I have a post on the eclipse board about this (posted here) and will follow-up with RIPP - but I don;t think it should be making contact.

I was really pleased with the re-install of the 02 sensors. After a week and a tank of gas with the new headers - no SES light! BTW - RIPP includes a short extension for your 02 wire, but I found there is no need to install it on either 02 lead. On both the up- and down-stream 02, you can separate the wires from the harness and reposition the connector with enough stock wire to reach the connectors. I can write more up on this and post some pics if you like.

Any questions, let me know.

J

Fast99ES
    That's some good info man...that was my main concern about the o2 wires. I didnt wanna get to splicing wires and shit so I'll leave that to someone else. But as far as the oil pan issue...does it rub against it?

BlankMan
    Yer gonna do the install yourself, right? Just me, but I wouldn't let someone else do it - never know how they 'mod' things to get them in - for instance, to extend the 02 wiring. Maybe they won't take the extra time to unravel the connection from the harness to get the extra slack or won't pull back the driver-sdie carpet to reposition the connection (for the down-stream). Just my thoughts, really - of course you should do as you have the time and resources for...

I don't think the pipe rubs - after all, it is bolted to the head and should move with the rest of the engine - but I am concerned about the pressure against the pipe and oil pan flange. Also - I do think it's causing vibrations I otherwise wouldn't feel if there was proper spacing (isolation) in that area.

I talked with Carmichael (Tech rep) and then Ross at RIPP today. They agree the pipe shouldn't be making contact and are supportive for getting a replacement - these guys are A++ to talk to and work with!

To make sure my car isn't a fluke and that I don't get another header set with the same problems, I told Ross I would drop the headers off the car and do a flange-to-flange measurement that he would compare to the sets he has on hand. I was supposed to do this tonight but had other things come up - so tomorrow will have to work.

Ooops - looked like I got long-winded - I didn't mean to type a short essay!

J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12