The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Racing Fuel and Performance

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    ND4SPD2000

Racing Fuel and Performance

Hey people,

I was passing through a gas station in Ft. Pierce today and saw that they sell racing fuel. This racing fuel has an Octane of 110. The price for the gas is $4.00 a gallon.

My question is this:

1- Would I see any gains if I were to put racing fuel in my tank?

2- Can I mix regular gas with racing gas (As in my tank has gas in it and I just fill it up with racing therefore mixing the two together?

3- If after filling the tank (Half way or not even half way) with racing gas, Is it ok on the engine to just go back to Regular (Not Premium) gas?

If someone can clarify this for me I'd really appreciate it...

Experienced TGC Member

Re: Racing Fuel and Performance

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ND4SPD2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey people,

I was passing through a gas station in Ft. Pierce today and saw that they sell racing fuel. This racing fuel has an Octane of 110. The price for the gas is $4.00 a gallon.

My question is this: Â*

1- Would I see any gains if I were to put racing fuel in my tank?

2- Can I mix regular gas with racing gas (As in my tank has gas in it and I just fill it up with racing therefore mixing the two together?

3- If after filling the tank (Half way or not even half way) with racing gas, Is it ok on the engine to just go back to Regular (Not Premium) gas?

If someone can clarify this for me I'd really appreciate it...</div>

Ok Im a layman so dont take my answer for sure.

You probably wont see any gains, and unless your a v6 it might be counter-productive. Higher octane means it needs higher tempratures to detonate (as to stop from predetonation). Only time you use high octane is for FI.

high octane gas is also used for high-compression all-motor set ups.

Just dumping straight race fuel in your car is worthless without doing any other mods. Race fuel basically allows you to run more extreme performance settings, like more advanced timing or higher boost. They do not just combust more powerfully or anything.

If you were to buy race gas, which i would reccomend against, and you dumped it in a half tank of low octane gas, the gases would mix, and you would end up with basically premium gas. The best way to use race gas is to drain your tank with the drain plug, then fill up.

It is safe to go back to normal gas only after you have "de-tuned" your engine, i.e. retarded your timing, lowered boost, etc...But if you haven't changed any specifications of your engine, you won't need to revert back to old stuff. It's just normal gas that has been refined many times better than even premium gas.

if you put that high of octane in your car and dont have your engine fully built and ready to handle it...it will totally f*ck up your car...my friend did it with his truck that he had done a few things too...cause he wanted to race...well he fried a few things in his engine....not a good idea unless you're fully built to handle it
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net