The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NOS?? on a 99 ES I4 let me no the yes or no

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    the juice

NOS?? on a 99 ES I4 let me no the yes or no

should i get nos for my 99 es?? will the engine be able to handle it? maybe a small shot of it?and were can i by nos any web sites? thanks every body.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    dont get nos, get turbo

zex makes the best "NAWWZ" kit yo
    7g for life!

the juice

get turbo?

thats gonna be way to much money.right???

Experienced TGC Member

Re: get turbo?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the juice)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats gonna be way to much money.right???</div>

If your talking about the turbo yes, but a new tranny costs just the same.

Re: get turbo?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the juice)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats gonna be way to much money.right???</div>
    it depends. To use nitrous PROPERLY will cost MAYBE a little less than a junkyard turbo kit, but with a turbo, you will always have the extra power, unlike with nitrous, when you only get power for a short while after pushing the magical button of go juice. Plus a turbo sounds waaaay cooler. haha

NAAAAAWZZZ owns you!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    but with NAWWWZ you get the cool purge feature

haha purging makes you cool 8)

but blow off valves make you cool too 8)
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>but with NAWWWZ you get the cool purge feature

haha purging makes you cool Â*8) Â*

but blow off valves make you cool too Â*8)</div>
    well to use nitrous properly, you need to modify other parts of your engine as well, especially the intake and exhaust tracts. Nitrous has much the same effect as a turbo; you are cramming more shit in there to burn. (it also has an incredible cooling effect on the incoming air due to the oxidation process) Nitrous is much more oxygen-rich than simply air, nitrous is about 33% oxygen, while air is only 21% oxygen. Because of this, when the nitrous oxidizes (meaning the Nitrous and the Oxygen separate) you have a much more oxygenated charge, allowing more fuel to be burned, allowing more power to be made.
    Because you are burning more shit, you will be putting out much more exhaust gas as well. You need to give yourself a nice free-flowing exhaust, along with a large-diameter intake tube, preferably with a ZEX (i think it's called a powershot) filter, that you can plug your nitrous lines in to. Remember that you are not burning straight nitrous, you are still burning up some air, so intake is still important.

With a turbo, you are cramming anywhere from 50% to 100% or more shit in each cylinder, giving you more power that is available all the time, without a little button. This will cost money, but it will be the most effective in the end. Save the nitrous kit for an intercooler sprayer.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    scootin's right, but keep in mind, turbos need a lot of work and research, and you're going to run into BS problems that people arn't going to be sure how to approach. with nitrous, everyone can pretty much help (by everyone i mean the people at the shop you get it installed at). plus, imagine just driving, accelerating...and BOOOM, you shoot off.

get a dry or wet ZEX kit, you'll love it.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

sorry about the double post....i submitted it and realized i wanted to add more, so i hit stop really quickly,..but apparently it had already posted it. ANyway...well sorry for the triple post

b-boy_sky
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nitrous is much more oxygen-rich than simply air, nitrous is about 33% oxygen, while air is only 21% oxygen.</div>

Keep in mind too that Nitrous is almost twice as dense as air is(at room temperature) so in actuallity that 33% is really more.....

I have been running a 50 shot on my I4 for a couple of months now with no problems and whips n chains has been doing a 100 shot on his I4 for about 5 months with air & fuel upgrages. As long as you build your setup right you will be fine.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(b-boy_sky)</div><div class='quotemain'>Keep in mind too that Nitrous is almost twice as dense as air is(at room temperature) so in actuallity that 33% is really more.....</div>
    I was referring to the actual nitrous oxide molecule, which is 33% oxygen. But for all practical purposes, you're right as well. Nitrous is crazy cold when it oxidizes, it has an incredible cooling effect on the incoming air. This also contributes to more power, and is also why nitrous is used in IC sprayers.
    Basically, 1 cu. ft of nitrous oxide contains 45% more oxygen than a cubic foot of normal air, both at room temperature. The nitrous is also much, much colder, allowing more fuel to be used in the combustion chamber.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>but with NAWWWZ you get the cool purge feature

haha purging makes you cool Â*8) Â*

but blow off valves make you cool too Â*8)</div>
    well to use nitrous properly, you need to modify other parts of your engine as well, especially the intake and exhaust tracts. Nitrous has much the same effect as a turbo; you are cramming more shit in there to burn. (it also has an incredible cooling effect on the incoming air due to the oxidation process) Nitrous is much more oxygen-rich than simply air, nitrous is about 33% oxygen, while air is only 21% oxygen. Because of this, when the nitrous oxidizes (meaning the Nitrous and the Oxygen separate) you have a much more oxygenated charge, allowing more fuel to be burned, allowing more power to be made.
    Because you are burning more shit, you will be putting out much more exhaust gas as well. You need to give yourself a nice free-flowing exhaust, along with a large-diameter intake tube, preferably with a ZEX (i think it's called a powershot) filter, that you can plug your nitrous lines in to. Remember that you are not burning straight nitrous, you are still burning up some air, so intake is still important.

With a turbo, you are cramming anywhere from 50% to 100% or more shit in each cylinder, giving you more power that is available all the time, without a little button. This will cost money, but it will be the most effective in the end. Save the nitrous kit for an intercooler sprayer. </div>

Actually Nitrous Oxide does not Oxidize. Its called reduction (or redox), NO2 looses the Oxygen atoms (oxidizing is the exact opposite). Also NO2 does not cool down anything due to the oxidation process, it cools down because it is expanding very rapidly. Sorry just got back from chem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually Nitrous Oxide does not Oxidize. Â*Its called reduction (or redox), NO2 looses the Oxygen atoms (oxidizing is the exact opposite). Â*Also NO2 does not cool down anything due to the oxidation process, it cools down because it is expanding very rapidly. Â*Sorry just got back from chem. </div>
    damn. chem was like 3 years ago. I'll take your word for it though.

00GTZ00
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>should i get nos for my 99 es?? will the engine be able to handle it? maybe a small shot of it?and were can i by nos any web sites? thanks every body.</div>

Q1. should i get nos for my 99 es?
    A1. Sure! The power increse will put a nice little grin on your face.

Q2. will the engine be able to handle it? maybe a small shot of it?
    A2. Yes it will. If you stick with a smaller shot (50) you should not have to upgrade anything else on your car. But if you start to get the HP bug and want to up your Nitrous shot (75-100) I would also start looking to upgrade your fuel system (maybe even get a wet kit to start with) and your ignition

Q3. were can i by nos any web sites?
    A3. You should be able to pick up universal kits at just about every performance shop Import and domestic. If you want to purchase a kit online you could go to Jegs.com, Holly.com just about anywere.

and here is a good little Q/A for you to read up on. If the install is done right and your engine is in good condition you should be able to run your system for a very long time......
    http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/TechServ/Tech...o/NOSTech5.html

Senior TGC Member
    I would say nitrous is a great mod for the inline 4. However, you should be advised that there have been nitrous related accidents in the 8g Galant/3g Eclipsef intakes for some reason and no one knows why it's happening. Chip has pin pointed the cause to blowback, but we don't know why it occurs. There have been only 4 known cases to my knowledge, 2 on a 2001 Eclipse RS, 1 on a 2001 Eclipse GT, and 1 on my own V6 Galant.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison