The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Engine Video..56k take a nap

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

New Engine Video..56k take a nap

just took this lil video a few hours ago when i was making some adjustments to the motor. today i relcoated the battery to the trunk with a Taylor NHRA legal battery box and an Optima red top. i got a coolant leak somewhere im trying to find it, its weird, it drips when the car is shut off, but when the car is running, nothing happens. Its jinxed i say.....

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/EvoIn...eStartup001.flv
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Haha buy a real video camera fool! Idle sounds just like my car. I thought you were going with some aggressive cams? I cant hear them lobing.

And PM me with the VIN number on your 7g so I can buy it already!

And get that beast out on the roads!
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Nice Stewi! 8) Though I am glad you didn't suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning. I am sure it was building up in there especially with the garage door closed.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

LOL. Seth I got HKS 272's in there, I just messed with the standalone to get the, dialed in so it idles better.

As for the carbon monoxide, the garage door was actually open, i had it open just high enough to clear the muffler, and i had the side door open as well for some ventilation. I would have taken it out for a spin but as you saw, i didnt have a driver seat! The re-assembly begins today
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

your coolant leak may be due to a very small hole. when the car is running, the coolant gets hot enough so that it steams, but since it is so little it may not be noticable, but when the car is cold, it may slowly drip. just a possibility, i've had this happen to me before. most of the major auto stores will let you rent out a coolant pressure tester. this should help you find your leak.

Quote Originally Posted by sabzi5858
    your coolant leak may be due to a very small hole. when the car is running, the coolant gets hot enough so that it steams, but since it is so little it may not be noticable, but when the car is cold, it may slowly drip. just a possibility, i've had this happen to me before. most of the major auto stores will let you rent out a coolant pressure tester. this should help you find your leak.
    YAY SABZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ranting]yeah i had a pinhole in a coolant line i used to blockoff the old coolant feed to the turbo, my new 50 trim is a dry cartridge. earlier this week i smelled a little coolant after a wot pull. didn't think anything of it. A few days later, i noticed a little coolant leak so i was going to wait till the end of that day (after work and such) to investigate/repair.
    lo and behold, my engine bay is rolling out white smoke and my needle goes east.
    was a block away from home so i just turned on the fans and went for it.
    popped the hood and ALL that smoke was coming out of a pinhole leak in that one little hose.
    [/ranting]

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by sabzi5858
    yeah thats what i think it is. last week i replaced my heater core hoses and today i noticed a little tiny drop of coolant coming off it. further more, last night I was under the car just checking things out and i noticed i had an oil leak, at first I thought it was coming from the pan, but it seems it was coming from the oil filter gasket, I replaced the filter and changed my oil and ran the car for 20 mins, no more oil leak.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS