The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ANybody Running I4 SDS with numbers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

ANybody Running I4 SDS with numbers?

I wanna get an idea of some numbers that people are putting down now on the I4 there were some numbers a few months back but nothin has popped up with some new stuff Ripp has come out with. I'm just curious so I can find out what I'll be getting after I pay this car off.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Alister_McRae
    with an I4, your looking at or around 190-200 WHP.

leadfoot
    no it's more like 250whp with a stage 2 and if you run a meathol( please excuse the spelling) system for about another 500 bucks our looking at arounf 280whp yes i was just on the ripp site and they have dynoed it. and yes that's on an i4 i think it was on a stock block but it was probably a 5 speed so yeah if your willing to swap your tranny or do some work to it then i would DEFINATLY go with the ripp stage 2 SDS thats comming out.

Anyone have some 0-60 or quarter miles time for the SDS I4 Those seem to be non existant.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

leadfoot
    i dont know but with th regular stage 1 SDS people were pushing 180 to 210whp on there i4's i was talking but someone and he had an SDs with the ripp header and beat a V6 altima SE which runs about a 14.9 so im guessing off the top of my head like a 5.5 to a 6.0 in the 0 to 60

Alister_McRae
    hey lead, i heard you mentioned something about the new stage 2 kit. You seem to be more knowledgeable in stage 2 kit than i am. How does it run on stock internals with 250 whp? I mean, thats a little rough for an I4? Does the stafge 2 kit come with beefed up internals or no? And is it out yet?

I was talking with GalantT3 who has the SDS on his I4 and he said hes running a "whole lot faster" but he hasn't gne to the track as of yet. With the stage 2 setup and with water/methanol injection spray. This is the cooler part that Ripp uses instead of FMIC. Now as far as it being out yet Galant T3 I believe is test fitting things seeing he lives in Jersey so. Ross did tell me however that Christmas time is the target date for Stage 2 release.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Ross amd Perry seem to be giving more attention to the club3g guys however, they being club 3g is flying them in to work on their cars :evil: oh well I guess if we ever had enough people who had these then we would have the same attention. Just venting a bit.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Alister_McRae
    Hey wolf, did they release the FMIC yet or is that still in the test phase? And is it available with a stage 1 kit? I'd rather get the FMIC for show purposes.

When I talked to PErry a few weeks back he said they weren't offering a FMIC. Only Methanol/Water Injection. Now I don't know what has gone on in the last few weeks or what may have been going on and he told me wrong so I don't know. Best bet is call em.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

leadfoot
    i dont know about the stock internals im guesing they are becuase the SDS was meant for a bolt on mod meaning there was no internal work required for it that's the best part. and yes i was like 254whp and like 249wtq on the i4 but im not sure if that was with the galant auto or an gs/rs with a 5 speed.

the boosted gs

Re: ANybody Running I4 SDS with numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman
    I wanna get an idea of some numbers that people are putting down now on the I4 there were some numbers a few months back but nothin has popped up with some new stuff Ripp has come out with. I'm just curious so I can find out what I'll be getting after I pay this car off.
    Being the 5-speed tester for RIPP, I have experienced quite a few setups so I will share my results..

Old Setups:

Stage 1 (5-6PSI) - 205WHP
    Stage 2 (8PSI + FMIC) - 250WHP

Current Setup:

Stage 2 (10-11PSI + W/M Injection) - Dyno to come..

*Keep in mind these HP figures are all baselines. If you have been following RIPP's 6G72 cars, you in fact know that they just keep getting more powerful!

Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot
    no it's more like 250whp with a stage 2 and if you run a meathol( please excuse the spelling) system for about another 500 bucks our looking at arounf 280whp yes i was just on the ripp site and they have dynoed it. and yes that's on an i4 i think it was on a stock block but it was probably a 5 speed so yeah if your willing to swap your tranny or do some work to it then i would DEFINATLY go with the ripp stage 2 SDS thats comming out.
    Internals are entirely stock on that dyno run as well as the others posted above. And a clutch is all you will need on a 5-speed, trust me.

Anyone have some 0-60 or quarter miles time for the SDS I4 Those seem to be non existant.
    I can not help you there, but, it is alot quicker then stock . Hopefully, I can get there when it gets nice out (PA sucks..)..

Quote Originally Posted by Alister_McRae
    hey lead, i heard you mentioned something about the new stage 2 kit. You seem to be more knowledgeable in stage 2 kit than i am. How does it run on stock internals with 250 whp? I mean, thats a little rough for an I4? Does the stafge 2 kit come with beefed up internals or no? And is it out yet?
    'Stage 2' does not come with internals, there is no need for internals at those boost levels.

Ross amd Perry seem to be giving more attention to the club3g guys however, they being club 3g is flying them in to work on their cars :evil: oh well I guess if we ever had enough people who had these then we would have the same attention. Just venting a bit.
    It's not entirely that.. They are busy making our cars faster. That and well, there are so many damn forums (the have not even been posting much at Club3G anymore). The place to be is at the RIPP Forums (http://www.rippmods.com/forum/default.asp).

Quote Originally Posted by Alister_McRae
    Hey wolf, did they release the FMIC yet or is that still in the test phase? And is it available with a stage 1 kit? I'd rather get the FMIC for show purposes.

When I talked to PErry a few weeks back he said they weren't offering a FMIC. Only Methanol/Water Injection.
    What he said.

i dont know about the stock internals im guesing they are becuase the SDS was meant for a bolt on mod meaning there was no internal work required for it that's the best part. and yes i was like 254whp and like 249wtq on the i4 but im not sure if that was with the galant auto or an gs/rs with a 5 speed.
    5-Speed, Stage 2, 8PSI + FMIC

leadfoot
    how much was your 5 sped swap??? and sinceour boosting at 10-11 psi with the spray you gettin into the 300whp range huh? so far how much have you spent in the SDS and the 5 speed swap?

hey bro i 99.9% sure that he has a eclipse...
    never did a swap

the boosted gs
    how much was your 5 sped swap??? and sinceour boosting at 10-11 psi with the spray you gettin into the 300whp range huh? so far how much have you spent in the SDS and the 5 speed swap?
    Did not perform a swap, 5-speed from the get go. Not sure on exact power figures yet, trying to get it to the dyno tomorrow. It feels alot more powerful then the previous setup which yielded 250WHP. So we will see. As far as $$ goes, I spent about $4000 for stage 1 and 2. But, there are alot of other things I did not include in that price (clutch, header, exhaust, gauges, etc). Not all of these things are mandatory, but, they help in their own aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by leicoolya
    hey bro i 99.9% sure that he has a eclipse...
    never did a swap
    You my friend are the winner.

Fast99ES
    I need that stage 2... :twisted: I been gettin tested more than usual...This guy in a 4door V-6 Accord was runnin his mouth and I couldnt do shit but say my car looked nicer than his,and he acknowledged that(which was suprising) but I want my car to have performance to back up the look!!!! I'm gonna have to live on the Top Ramen diet for about 2 months to save up for this massive upgrade...Or I can go the other route and talk to my girl and see if she'll help me...

I wonder if the extra hundred pounds we have on our cars makes a difference in hp from boosted gs and other eclipses running the I4 SDS.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Elwenil

Quote Originally Posted by the boosted gs
    Being the 5-speed tester for RIPP, I have experienced quite a few setups so I will share my results..

Old Setups:

Current Setup:

Stage 2 (10-11PSI + W/M Injection) - Dyno to come..
    Ok, here's my question. Above you said that you had 250WHP with the Stage 2 at 8 PSI + FMIC. Dodes that mean that you at one time had a working front intercooler? Or is that a typo, and you meant the Methanol injection? I'm sort of like Alister and would love to see a FMIC peeking out of my fascia for the look, but also if the Methanol injection is good, then the Methanol injection with a FMIC almost has to be better. I've looked at a lot of pics of the SDS and I think that there is room to plumb a FMIC in our cars. I'm not entirely positive, since I have yet to see one in person. Hopefully soon I will get that chance to see one up close, but since you have one, what do you think? Is it possible ? And if Ripp doesn't want to do it, couldn't we have someone do custom piping? Just a few questions, sorry if they seem too "FMIC happy"...

the boosted gs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wonder if the extra hundred pounds we have on our cars makes a difference in hp from boosted gs and other eclipses running the I4 SDS.</div>

No difference in HP, but, 1/4 mile times, 0-60, and so on, will be affected.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwenil)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the boosted gs)</div><div class='quotemain'>Being the 5-speed tester for RIPP, I have experienced quite a few setups so I will share my results..

Old Setups:

Current Setup:

Stage 2 (10-11PSI + W/M Injection) - Dyno to come..</div>

Ok, here's my question. Above you said that you had 250WHP with the Stage 2 at 8 PSI + FMIC. Dodes that mean that you at one time had a working front intercooler? Or is that a typo, and you meant the Methanol injection? I'm sort of like Alister and would love to see a FMIC peeking out of my fascia for the look, but also if the Methanol injection is good, then the Methanol injection with a FMIC almost has to be better. I've looked at a lot of pics of the SDS and I think that there is room to plumb a FMIC in our cars. I'm not entirely positive, since I have yet to see one in person. Hopefully soon I will get that chance to see one up close, but since you have one, what do you think? Is it possible ? And if Ripp doesn't want to do it, couldn't we have someone do custom piping? Just a few questions, sorry if they seem too "FMIC happy"...</div>

Yes, you read that right, my last setup was a FMIC + 8PSI of boost. The FMIC can be done (my car proves that), but, the water/methanol injection will make more power and it will do it cheaper. FMIC's have been done on both the supercharged 4G64 and 6G72, so, yes there is indeed room for a FMIC + piping. At this point, I believe RIPP is heading more towards the W/M injection, but, I am sure they would mock you up a FMIC if desired. A FMIC + W/M injection could also be an option (more $$).

Some pictures of my last setup:

Elwenil
    All I can say is :drool:... Damn, that's enough to give me an optically induced orgasm. Ok, I love it. If I can save that much cash, after I do my 5 speed swap, then that is what I'm doing. SDS, with FMIC, and W/M injection. Who said you can have too much of a good thing. Thanks for the info, and especially for the detailed pics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast