The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine/Tranny Flush? Sir Manybrews?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Senior TGC Member

Engine/Tranny Flush? Sir Manybrews?

I'm thinking ahead to my 30k/2 year service and was wondering if I should have my engine and tranny fluids flushed while I'm doing the maintenance, or if it's just a waste of money on another of the dealer "gotchas."
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Re: Engine/Tranny Flush? Sir Manybrews?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm thinking ahead to my 30k/2 year service and was wondering if I should have my engine and tranny fluids flushed while I'm doing the maintenance, or if it's just a waste of money on another of the dealer "gotchas."</div>

waste of money.

changing them normally is more than enough.

its not harmful, but its not doing anything fancy.
    the engine oil flush is a bigger waste of money than the trans flush, as you only get about 50 percent of the fluid out during a trans service.. so a "Flush" will get more fluid out.
    that said, todays trans fluids are damn stout. personally, i recommend changing it once a year due to the ease of it on the new galants.. just drain and fill.. takes no longer than an oil change.

Senior TGC Member
    Much thanks for the info...always looking for the best for my car glad to have a tech around
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Wawaboy
    I had my engine flush at 15k, just as precaution. My trans fluid was also flushed at 15k, and 28k. Truthfully, I think it's a waste of money to do an engine flush. I was charged for $60 on top of an oil change. I started using products from Amsoil ( www.amsoil.com ) at 28k. I used their AEF (engine flush), and the TSO (Series 2000 0w-30) I have gain about 2.3-2.5 MPG, and the engine feels stronger. BTW, I have been running the same oil (no drain) for 13k miles now. I also use the ATF Amsoil makes, makes a big difference compare to the Mitsu fluid I used at the 15k flush.