The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clearing Corners w/Black Headlights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Clearing Corners w/Black Headlights

I know its a stupid question but Im looking into buying these headlights...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...spagenameZWDVW

I wanted to know if when I clear the corners will the corner be black like the rest of the headlight or something else? I know its dumb but I searched and couldnt find anything on it. Thank you in advance.

No it will have chrome finish.

just so u know.. those arent jdmn heads.. it just a black housing. dont let the 'JDM' throw you off
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    how will it have a chrome finish when you can see black behind the reflector?

I dont care if there JDM or not thx though. I just want black headlights and I want to clear the corners but I dont want black headlights with chrome corners cause that would look gay

Experienced TGC Member
    well i guess you'll have gay looking headlights...

the chrome is behind the light in order to cause reflection, the reflection then goes through the fractal cover in order to disperse the light more evenly for better visibility. Take out the reflector, paint the chrome black, and you'll have a dull blinker housing that can bring a legality issue for improper equipment
    -Chris

Ok then I will just leave the corners. Thank you for the help.

Well, my current headlights I painted over the reflective part, but I also put in a $30 dollar LED bulb in each light, so they are plenty bright, and I've had no legal issues. I even went down to the local police station and inquired, and they said it's fine. So if you do black out that corners, make sure to get some really bright bulbs, and they are expensive, $60 for two. Heres are night pics

and daytime pics when it's off

hope this helps.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

although I do plan on painting my corners black, I do like the look of the chrome with it too. its all a matter of taste. i know the lights erricbla made had the black corners. i would agree that using leds would probably be best
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    although I do plan on painting my corners black, I do like the look of the chrome with it too. its all a matter of taste. i know the lights erricbla made had the black corners. i would agree that using leds would probably be best
    The chrome corners look great on your car man, it matches the white paint!

TGC Regular
    I have done it both ways. A have also slightly tinted the chrome area with nightshades, so it doesnt stand out so much. The headlights that i have in my car right now are all blacked out. I have stock marker bulbs and it is plenty bright enough in my opinion

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

i just plan on putting a tinted film over my headlights so they look a lil darker because i like the chrome, but would want it a lil darker

I would recommend against putting a film on, it makes the lights too dark, and it distorts the lights at night. I had the film, and it did not look as good or shine nearly as well as my blacked out heads.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I would recommend against putting a film on, it makes the lights too dark, and it distorts the lights at night. I had the film, and it did not look as good or shine nearly as well as my blacked out heads.
    with or without hids?

with

thanks for the advice

I have a pic of the car with the lights tinted with film, let me know if you want to see it, didn't take any nighttime shots cuz it looked like crap.

sure send em my way

Here they are

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast