The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi's new Galant 3.8 Liter V6 best in its class?!?!?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Mitsubishi's new Galant 3.8 Liter V6 best in its class?!?!?

According to Autoweek they claim that Mitsubishis new v6 is the best in its class beating out the Nissan v6.

Heres a quote:

"But it’s hard to argue with numbers: With 250 lb-ft of peak torque, the Galant’s six is best in class, even overshadowing Nissan’s powerhouse Altima by 4 lb-ft, and at lower peak revs (4000 vs. 4400 rpm)"

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?por...t_code=06768140

Now Im curious are they saying the engine is the best in its class design wise or just power wise?

I dont see how Mitsubishi's design is better than the Nissan V6.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

What I think is particularly funny is that the Maxima/Altima/350Z engines are all the same, yet the Mitsu outpowers them. :?:
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Ol School Pervert
    They might just be basing it on the fact that it has more torque, and at lower revs at that.

Senior TGC Member
    Plus I think that the new Mitsu V6 probably remains fairly smooth, while the Nissan 3.5 is known for its trucklike quality. Every review I've read so far talks about it, whether it's about the 350Z, G35, Altima, it doesn't matter.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison