The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: synthetic?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

synthetic?

i have 27,000 miles on my g...its an 02 gtz (v6)...was thinking of going to synthetic...should i do it? and if so...what should i use? i've read in a couple places mobil 1 tri-synthetic....thanks in advance for the help guys
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

i have no idea!
    just remember after switching to synthentic, more attention will be needed because synthetic oil can leak from places normal oil wouldn't leak from.
    uh oh...brain dead. i had some more intelligent stuff to say, but i forgot. ill get back to you. maybe. :?

just use dino-juice dude (regular old oil). Synth isn't going to do much for you, in fact, if you use the wrong viscosity spread oil, you will hurt your engine. If you're bent on using synth, don't but castrol 10W-50. The long-chain polymers they use to control the viscosity in a high viscosity (40 or above) spread oil will break down over time, and then clump up. These clumps will actually scratch the polished surfaces of your engine, which is baaad.

Galant_01
    Most of us on here use the really good stuff! Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic. It is arguably the best oil around but it is kind of expensive. Unless you redline every gear all the time them you really do not need that kind of extra protection. But it is nice to know that you are treating your car to the same oil the Ferrari & Porshe use in there cars even if the G is not quite as good as those cars! LOL I can dream can't I.

yep i only use mobil 1 15x50
    but i also am turboed

i'll say it this way...

im tryna hook up with this new gurl. and i had to put something in the trunk of her car. when i opened it i saw a case of mobil 1 synthetic in teh trunk and i said to myself "damn, she's a keeper"

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.