The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Battery Problems

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    neenjagtz

Battery Problems

Has anyone had to replace their batteries? I only have 30k miles on my '00 Galant, and I had to replace the battery today because the damn thing died. I tried getting a jump and driving around but when I parked and tried to restart...nothing. I ended up getting an Optima Yellow Top but still, I would have rather not had to shell out the 150 bucks for the thing. Has this happend to anyone else?

Senior TGC Member
    Yes this is a very common problem it seems. My battery made it to 22k and gave out on me. I went with a new battery courtesy of warranty.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

yeah mine gave out at 36k miles i think the problem is that it is too close to the engine it cant take the heat too good for some reason is my theory
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

theyre just shitty batteries.

thats all.

i had to get a yellow top too. it happens to everybody. i attribute my amps in the trunk to the death of the stock battery but, it happens to completely stock 8G's too, so ur not alone.

so much better than stock!

2 things, most likely its the battery. the oem battery isn't that good. but uhm if you are still scared hell, take it to the dealership. u got a 2k and only 30k miles, ur probably still under warratny right? and if there is a problem with the charging system then the dealer will most likely replace it under warranty. i mean if its free then hell, go for it haha

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

BlueESV6
    Yup... 2 years almost to the day is what mine lasted.... another mistu trend.... :x

Gilhuly
    The stock batteries are crap. Mine went a long, long time ago. I'll probably go through a second by the end of this winter.

neenjagtz
    I've had the yellow top for about 5 days now and I see a big difference in the car. Particularly when I start up and when I use the keyless entry. The startups dont sound as pathetic and the door locks click open with a lot more force. So, yeah, the OEM battery is crap, the yellow top rules.
    Good riddance.

Shiat, now you guys are worrying me, I'm still on the original at 75k. That would suck if it died on me, then I'd have to call AAA .
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

luxcrusr2000
    75K!!!??? Geez, every stock battery I've ever had, regardless of the car, has lasted me at most 30K. The one for my old Kia only lasted 14K. But then again, it WAS a Kia.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99DE)</div><div class='quotemain'>Shiat, now you guys are worrying me, I'm still on the original at 75k. That would suck if it died on me, then I'd have to call AAA .</div>

do yourself a favor and just go out and buy a battery. so u don't have to be stranded. u don't know where you'll be when it dies

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.