The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what is the first performance mod i should do guys?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    nofxfuk

what is the first performance mod i should do guys?

hi im new to tgc and i was wondering what is the first performance mod i should do to gain ok hp? thx for your replys

unfortunately, there isnt much you can do, meaning if you DONT wanna spend you money. But you can start with an exhaust and intake. Your looking at at least 10hp. now if you wanna spend MORE money, then there always ????????????????? whatever comes to mind! lol

Willy Liu
    How much Hp will an Wai give to a Galant? and a full custom Exhaust? 5 each?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy Liu
    How much Hp will an Wai give to a Galant? and a full custom Exhaust? 5 each?
    Maybe.. if they compliment each other. I would say a WAI might make more like 2, but in some cases it has proven to have negative affects (Not likely on the 7g though, simply because our OEM air box is soo damn restrictive)
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

I started To replay yesterday @ Work.. but shut down The computer before clicking okay...

alright

MY mod path.. which is hard to beat:

K&N FIPK for 1995 eclipse *TURBO*

one-step Cooler NGK v-power plugs (COPPER) gapped To the higher side of Allowance.

NGK blue plug wires

Advance your timing To ~12*BTDC (more if you like buying 91* octane

And, Of Course, like Everyone Will Say.. pull up the Slack in your Throttle Cable.

once That's done, you move on To the Expensive stuff....

exhaust:
    for a federal Car, replace the catcon With a high-flow 2.5" Cat, and Replace from there back w/ 2.5" piping, and Stay UNDER the rear "axle".

if you have a CA Car, do the same, but Also pursuade The shop to remove The pre-cat, and replace with an "off-road", or "test" pipe.

once you've done this Stuff, or even The First half, the Car Will be NOTICABLY faster..
    then it's Time to dig in, and getthe serious mods going.

ACT clutch/flywheel, new suspension...wheel/tires
    RPW Cams.. head, manifold/collectors...
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Experienced TGC Member
    Hey Craig,

just out of curiosity, why do you gap to the largest limit?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Or you could skip all the above mentioned "all-motor" stuff and boost. 4-cyli cars aren't for all-motor, they're for boosting the bejesus outta them. You'll be faster, trust me. It'll be more expensive, yes...probably like $1500 or $2k if you junkyard turbo, but you'll see far more power if you join the spoooooo PSSHH club.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScootinIntegra
    Or you could skip all the above mentioned "all-motor" stuff and boost. 4-cyli cars aren't for all-motor, they're for boosting the bejesus outta them. You'll be faster, trust me. It'll be more expensive, yes...probably like $1500 or $2k if you junkyard turbo, but you'll see far more power if you join the spoooooo PSSHH club.
    While defintly worth it...its not for a newbie...Start with the simple shit and work your way up to the boost.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

escoson
    if u dont want to get heavy into spending money do some headers, a cat back exhuast system and a intake, for good products it will run you a estimate of 1000-1300 for those items. if you wanna go cheap on parts around 700

from What I remember..larger gap = cleaner, more complete burn...

ideally you want the longest gap you can get.. even the Turbo guys do.
    the Reason they usually have to close the gap is becuase when you start running to high boost you actually "blow out" The Spark.

this is why the guys swap-up to coil-on-plug Setups..and the MSD's.
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>While defintly worth it...its not for a newbie...Start with the simple shit and work your way up to the boost.</div>

haha..
    1st mod- k&n drop in filter
    2nd mod - strut tower brace
    3rd mod - 4g63-T swap plus all the extras that r in my car lol

that's my modding history.. on any car

Experienced TGC Member
    lol...Some people are faster learners then others =D
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>from What I remember..larger gap = cleaner, more complete burn...

ideally you want the longest gap you can get.. even the Turbo guys do.
    the Reason they usually have to close the gap is becuase when you start running to high boost you actually "blow out" The Spark.

this is why the guys swap-up to coil-on-plug Setups..and the MSD's.</div>
    not true. The gap is set for a specific reason. the gap on my teg is .044" It's set there so the spark doesn't blow out, and also so the spark has enough energy to cross the gap.
    And the blow-out can occur in non-boosted cars as well. It's just a matter of what you have done.

for a 7g, i think the first peformance mod should be just simply general maintenance. make sure that everything is fixed, things that need to be replaced are replaced etc etc. its kinda pointless to mod a car if you have a weak base to start on. why spend hundreds and thousands of dollars adding aftermarket parts and such if you just are gonna forget to replace the timing belt and just ruin the motor anyways. just one example but i really think general maintenance should be the first mod.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>for a 7g, i think the first peformance mod should be just simply general maintenance. make sure that everything is fixed, things that need to be replaced are replaced etc etc. its kinda pointless to mod a car if you have a weak base to start on. why spend hundreds and thousands of dollars adding aftermarket parts and such if you just are gonna forget to replace the timing belt and just ruin the motor anyways. just one example but i really think general maintenance should be the first mod.</div>

this is the best advise.

skip all that cai/header/exhaust bs. that'll just make the car louder and you'll still be slow.

i totally agree w.the maintainance 1st idea