The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BOV vs DV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    SuperchargedGTZ
    there are plenty of EVO guys VTA with BOV. There is NO POINT to this with MAF cars (like Mitsu). Like stated in previous posts once the MAF reads the air it adjusts the fuel to compensate for the air that it THINKS that it is getting when in actuality that air has been released. Personally if you want that cool sound of a BOV, just buy an open air-filament and you will be able to hear the STOCK DV. I upgraded to a turboxs DV and the sound of this thing is sweeeeet. It holds boost better too.

Gir
    here you all go...this should be sticky on any and all DSM turbo forums....but basically once again....if you read through all the information the problem is NOT consistent...some cars are fine others are not.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.p...?threadid=30252

orangbaligila
    woohooo... steamy..steamy in here,.. hey guys,.. i have a "not-that-loud" BOV,.. well, actually it's a disconnected DV so it works as a BOV right now,... (sounds quite cool to me,.. if you consider that i'm a ricer too,.. that's all up to you, hehe...) well,.. the reason i'm doing this pssshh...pshhh... thing,... is,... ecause i'm using Autronic's ECU that does not require the use of that restrictive Mass air-flow meter anymore,.. it has a nice, easy to tune Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor instead,... so it's all up to you buddy,... if i have to be a ricer for that psshhh....pshhh... sound.... i'll be a happy one,.. with 15 more HP by removing that restrictive MAS out of the intercooled-charge's way...

orangbaligila,...a ricer that carries a lot of spare horses,....

just to throw in my 2 cents, if you vent with a stock electronic setup (on our dsm/etc) even with a s-afc, you will run rich when the bov releases.. not necessarily enough to make you stall, or even be noticed, might not even slow you down, who knows, who cares.. if you're gunna do it, go ahead, and if not, fine.. personally, i won't release to atmosphere unless i get some other form of getting airflow, such as a vpc or the dsm translator with blow-thru setup..

the reason i won't is because i want every last bit of performance, even if there are other things on my car that are a bigger problem, but that's just me, and that's just right now, i could change my mind any time and decide to dump to atmosphere, but guess what, i'm not gunna come on here, or dsmtalk, or anywhere else and ask for opinions..

and some people think it's rice, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, why cry about it?? i want to be able to dump to atmosphere, and i'd love a loud (nice sounding) bov, and call it rice if you want, i'll agree with you, but will that stop me from doing it? no! if people make fun of me, i'm not gunna stop either(unless it's a bunch of hot chicas, then maybe lol).. why are you gunna start swearing and getting all pissed because someone says it's rice or not, or for whatever reason..

as orangbaligila said, some things which enable dumping to atmosphere w/out problems help performance, and once you've done that, why not enjoy the sounds that your car can now make with no problems whatsoever.. maybe even reduce some weight by taking out that recirculation hose rice or not, if i had a way of dumping to atmosphere without running rich, there's no doubt i'd be doing it, whether i'm called a ricer for it or not..

oh and by the way, if you're stalling between shifts, maybe you aren't shifting fast enough and if you need an excuse for why you're running rich when it dumps, say you need to cool down your cylinders from all that turbocharged heat :twisted:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12