The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Damn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Damn

Well, what do you know, I totalled my 6g today. :? :oops:

I had to brake suddenly for a car in front of me and my wheels blocked (so much for my ABS) and there I went......smashing into the Peugeot 306 in front of me with about 20 mph.
    My bumper, hood, underspoiler, grill, and headlights are damages. Luckily the engine is still ok and the radiator only moved slightly inward and is also undamaged.
    A tow truck took my car away to their impound and I have to call Monday to tell them where they should bring it.
    I guess I should bring it to my dealer and find out how much the repairs will cost me. If that's too much, well.......then so long Galant. :oops:
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

Rasko Da Gama
    :cry: Sorryy to hear that bro! I hope that repairs will not cost too much so you can put your baby back together.
    If not, there are a few G's for sale in your country, aren't they?
    You can get steel get another G, right?

Good luck bro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rasko Da Gama)</div><div class='quotemain'>:cry: Â*Sorryy to hear that bro! I hope that repairs will not cost too much so you can put your baby back together. Â*
    If not, there are a few G's for sale in your country, aren't they?
    You can get steel get another G, right?

Good luck bro Â*</div>Well the towing company will bring it to the dealer and I'm going to ask them if they can check how much repairs will cost. And then I must find a shop that uses second hand parts because new parts will be too expensive.
    I can get another G, but if I get one it will be a 7g. And sorry for saying this but I'm not sure if it's going to be a Galant. Don't get me wrong, my 6g was a great car. But it did cost a lot in gas, repairs, insurance and road taxes.

bluedraco
    sorry to hear that man!

good luck with everything...i know EXACTLY how it feels except i had a mazda mx6 running 15psi of boost and i had to sell it for parts... :cry:

now i've got the galant which isn't nearly as powerful but is less likely to make me have an accident!

At least you helped in the process of saving the world by ridding it of a Peugeot
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pro_sniper)</div><div class='quotemain'>At least you helped in the process of saving the world by ridding it of a Peugeot Â*</div>

hey, the nice ones are TIGHT. but sorry to hear your loss man
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

marktheblake
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'>my 6g was a great car. But it did cost a lot in gas, repairs, insurance and road taxes. Â* </div>

Insurance wont pay for the repair?
    In any case its a bit of a surprise, my galant has cost me buggar all in the 5 years i have had it.

Damn, my heart bleeds for ya, especially after getting those great wheels.

Dont give up on her yet, i am sure you could get some parts from somewhere.

Rasko Da Gama
    Jeucken! Who was "guilty" for that accident too happen - You or that Peugeot driver?
    Couse here, when someone hits you - insurance company has to pay for repairs. But if you were the one... :cry:

marktheblake
    over here, if you hit someone in the backside its automatically your fault.
    pretty hard to dispute that as it means either you were not looking or you were too close.

Technically it was my fault, but the guy in front was the main screw up since he was the one that braked too late. But his car was a lot newer and newer cars brake much better. But I'm only insured WA and not Casco. (WA means 'Wettelijk Aansprakelijk' and that in turn means that you are insured for the damage you do to others, it's a must to get this in insurance in Holland. Casco means the insurance for your own car, but almost all the insurance companies doesn't do Casco for cars that old)

And for the repaircosts: Having and driving a car in Holland is way more expensive than driving a car in the US or Australia for that matter.

I don't know how that goes in Australia or the US but for road taxes and Insurance here in Holland it costs me 360 dollars every 3 months. Then the gas: 20 liters of unleaded petrol costs around 25 dollars. (Also, The Netherlands is much smaller and the trips I take are mostly short city trips, so fuel economy is pretty bad) And finally parts: New parts for my 6g are just way expensive here in Holland.

J apmetal
    I lost a 1993 Lancer the same way [ish] when some woman pulled out of a junction and into my car. Of course, it was her fault [I had right of way since she was joining the road Iw as on] but the car got hit in the side & did serious damage to the rear suspension.

But here I am with my GTi 4WD and loving it, so at least something good will come from it in the end !?

marktheblake
    A while back i rammed into someones back, wrote his car off $8000, he hit the car in front, $18000, the next car in front only had minor damage and he didnt make a claim (turns out that his brake lights were not working - no wonder he didnt claim)

All up my insurance company paid out $26000. and the cost to repair my very solid 1964 Holden - $1000 and that included the $200 fine.
    The damage was the entire front and one guard, and the engine off its mounts. my gosh i wish galants were that cheap to repair.

It is done for.....
    Repair costs are almost 4 times the days worth of the car.

Even if I do it myself with second hand parts the garage still has to do some stuff.....

marktheblake
    faaaaaar Krying out loud - its hardly a dent.
    such a shame that so little damage can kill a car like that.

I've tried disassembling the front today but I think it is a total loss...

I think it will be cheaper if I buy a second hand 6g and check what's wrong with it and then transfer the good parts of my old g to my new g.

Rasko Da Gama
    Quote Originally Posted by jeucken
    I've tried disassembling the front today but I think it is a total loss...

I think it will be cheaper if I buy a second hand 6g and check what's wrong with it and then transfer the good parts of my old g to my new g.
    If you can do this - that would be great! I am :cry: when I see your car beaten up on that picture...

But gues what - look what is for sale in Germany (in Koln) at the moment - A true US imported Galant VR-4 !!!!! I suppose it has a big 16G turbo, bigger injectors, better fuel pump - since it has 241 HP!!!!! :shock:
    It also has 93 headlights and JDM rear bumper. GOD damn I love that beauty. :shock:

It is for sale for €5.000 Euro ! Check it out HERE!

Damn, what a beauty....if I had 5000 euro's I would buy it instantly....

SexyGalant2000
    Sorry to here that man

[FIN]Teme
    Quote Originally Posted by jeucken
    now it looks a bit like 7g galant

Hehe, maybe the designer smashed up his own 6g and then thought: 'wow, now that looks great' 8)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast