The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Annoying rattle

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Ticallion

Annoying rattle

Hey guys,

Alrighty, well i'm fairly mechanically inclined... however this issue has me STUMPED. There is this rattle near the bottom left corner of the windshield, almost like if you left a wrench under the hood on the fender rail at the top. I've disassembled the cowl underneath the windshield wipers, i've tightened everything under the hood, even made sure the A/C line was secure. I CANT FIND IT! Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Perhaps you can shed some light on this, maybe it's a known problem

Thanks
    -Ross

marktheblake
    Sorry, cant think of anything, thats what i pay my mechanic for
    "its making a strange noise from underneath the bonnet"

Could something have fallen down the drain holes?

J apmetal
    Since you dont mention whether it is or not, I'll suggest that if your car is Right-Hand Drive you may have something rattling loose in your glovebox !

Sounds daft, but I had the same problem for a while, even checked the glovebox but it was empty; I was convinced the noise was from behind the dash, then eventually I found a small screw in my glovebox [What can I say ? it was black, so is the glovebox !] Threw it away, and NO MORE NOISE !!

Ticallion
    Yup i figured it out, but havent fixed it yet becaus ei need to replace it.

It's the damn hood swivel bracket... it's riveted, so i can't tighten it... gotta replace it