The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5% tint

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    xSILENTx

5% tint

I'm gonna be getting my all my windows done in 5% and a 12"stripe in 2% on the windshield. I was just wondering if its hard to see at night with 5% all around. Anyone with 5% let me know how you like it. thanks

steveo1
    looks toight during the day, at night it just plain sucks

At night you can't see anything that doesn't have headlights, but it's the price you pay
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Experienced TGC Member
    I got 5% I can see fine...but I live in NYC its lit up all over not like you country folk lol. If there are no street lights you wont see anything, but then again you only need to see whats in front of you and you got headlights for that...if the dick driving next to you doesnt have his lights turned on and your looking to change lanes...your defintly not gonna see him.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

i just roll my windows down at night, its when its raining that it sucks the most, after having them done for a while, i sometimes wish i went for 20% just so that i could somewhat see at night.
    -Travis

My Car

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    same here. I dont mind it at all cept when it rains or when it is freezing out. Ive had mine done for 4 months and havnet got pulled over once for it...
    7g for life!

xSILENTx
    I got 20% now so i'm looking forward to going to 5%.I'll prolly get pulled over for the stripe more than the tint but i'm not really worried about it.

BXNYMitsu01
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    I got 5% I can see fine...but I live in NYC its lit up all over not like you country folk lol. If there are no street lights you wont see anything, but then again you only need to see whats in front of you and you got headlights for that...if the dick driving next to you doesnt have his lights turned on and your looking to change lanes...your defintly not gonna see him.

Have you been pulled over alot by Police? It's illegal to have 5% on the front windows.

ya its jus hard to see at night, but looks good tho. also a pain in the ass getting an inspection sticker, they wont pass it here cuz its to dark. instead of paying 12 bucks i have to pay 40.

iv never got a ticket for it. iv been pulled over for other things and none of those cops have said anything about it.

12 inch stripe in 2% in the windshield? i wouldn't worry about drivign at night, i'd worry about just plain driving looking forward. 12 inches is alot.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

xSILENTx
    I went with 20 in he front two windows to make it 20 all around and got the 12 inch stripeon the winshield.Except they didnt have 2% so i just doubled up the 5%.Looks really good now.I can barely see through it during the day and at night i cant really see throught it at all.

BabyGirl97

5% tint is no joke

I got 5% on my Chevrolet Caprice and I have the hardest time seeing maybe I am blind as a bat. But I have to roll the windows down in order to see. My Galant doesn't have any tint yet butI was thinking about a mirror tint against red what do you think?

TurboGalant
    I have 10% on the Galant, it takes some getting used to. I have 5% on the Lancer. Very nice to have during the day, pain in the ass at night. I have to role the windows down to back up at night, as I can't see anything in the rear view mirrors!!
    I also have a Vinyl Visor accross both vehicles. Never gotten in trouble for them. Comes down low enough that if I am first at a light, I have to lean over to see the light, something like 10 - 12" or so. Very handy to have, specially when the sun is low on the horizon. I would recommend them to anybody. You can see the sun through the vinyl as an orange dot.

Faction
    holy christ....5%? you can't see shit!