The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: rpw camshaft and gear

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

rpw camshaft and gear

is anybody curently using either of these if so which stage and what is your experience with them? and also how much cuz they dont seem to answer emails and i damn sure aint callin the land down under lol
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah they didnt answer my emails either :?

Pretty sure stage 2 is around $300
    7g for life!

ok cool cuz i emailed them like 4 times and got nothing back

Sorry boss the Stage 2 Cam shaft is like 400 but you have to get teh valve spring upgrade which is another 135. So you end up spending about $550 shipped. the Cam Gear is about another 150. you can get AEM or the Version from RPW I can't remember the name I have the AEM gear
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    Sorry boss the Stage 2 Cam shaft is like 400 but you have to get teh valve spring upgrade which is another 135. So you end up spending about $550 shipped. the Cam Gear is about another 150. you can get AEM or the Version from RPW I can't remember the name I have the AEM gear
    Dont forget you have to get the retainers as well, when you change the springs...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

ok so about 550 shipped for the camshaft, valves, springs and the retainers Lazaruswhat the idle like and was there much of a difference in performance?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    eBay has a bunch of cam gears for the 4g64 for $60, I think they are made by BOMZ, but they dont look too bad...
    7g for life!

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G64T
    ok so about 550 shipped for the camshaft, valves, springs and the retainers Lazaruswhat the idle like and was there much of a difference in performance?

nononononono...u and i wish bro...550 shipped for springs and cam

valves and retainers u have to buy seperately ...as headache....cuz i still havent found them...oh yea...juss bought a engine...im gettin closer fellas :twisted:

damn i thought it sounded to good to be true lol oh well if anybody get ahold of rpw can you ask them how much each peice is seperately

WHich peices are you talking about?

-THe Cam is about 400
    -the Valve springs are about 135
    -the Valves? Ihaven't seen anyone who makes them, Shane says he got a set from Zex I think
    -Same with the retainers

for prices talk to

www.visionimports.com
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

the boosted gs
    If you guys really want to get in contact with RPW (Dave Thomas, owner) you can send him a PM over at Club3G. His username is 'Mitsiman' and he always responds within a few days. If you are interested in ordering/pricing information contact RPW's newest US distributor:

http://www.norcal-performance.com/

Personally, I would go through NorCal Performance rather then Vision Imports. Cliff at NorCal has tons of experience with the 4G64 and I have heard that the staff at Vision is rather immature and unprofessional.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    THe best thing to do if you cant find the valves if to get a 3-angle valve job, thats my next step, after i try and get the motor balanced..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by the boosted gs
    If you guys really want to get in contact with RPW (Dave Thomas, owner) you can send him a PM over at Club3G. His username is 'Mitsiman' and he always responds within a few days. If you are interested in ordering/pricing information contact RPW's newest US distributor:

http://www.norcal-performance.com/

Personally, I would go through NorCal Performance rather then Vision Imports. Cliff at NorCal has tons of experience with the 4G64 and I have heard that the staff at Vision is rather immature and unprofessional.

Although I have nothing bad to say about Norcal Alot of members discourage oing buisness with them that's why I said Vision. Cliff and tim are really good guys and i order from tehm but some members keep in the Negative. But Yeah Norcal is a new RPW dealer.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member
    why buy new valves? why buy new retainers?

-ROb
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

what are retainers??? and what do they do...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>what are retainers??? Â*and what do they do...</div>
    They hold the valve inside the valve spring. They look like little round discs, maybe about 1.5 times the size of a quarter