The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What kind of engine?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 49
    Atlanta - shout out to San Pedro and Panama - que sopa!?
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TGCLI)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im waiting to spank a 9g just like i spank the 8g's :twisted: Â*:twisted: Â*:twisted:</div>

You could hardly spank a 5G, the way you drive...

I think me and Xska55 lost you like 5 times goin to Jerz and we were only doing 60</div>

2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT // 3.4L V6
    ____

The SPOT!! - - Dirty South Imports

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CivicsBeatMe[AKA JetBlak)</div><div class='quotemain'>]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nope auto! 8) Â*
    Ask Kho that's him Â* Â*
    Says some think bout a apple slurpie</div>

Hehe Kho's slupry's are gay. Come to my store, we have the bombest slurpys around.

BTW Are you using any type of FI? Cause if not then I really doubt you can beat a 8g v6.</div>

hell yeah, #1 slurpies in town man.

and yeah dude, no way you can take on a V6 8G. if i can't do it, no one can unless you got some FI in there or ur 5spd.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

wow 15.3 hmmm i wanna see this thing in action... :twisted:
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Im seriously disappointed with mitsu USA as usual we get the pitiful cars. a 3.8L with a pitiful output of power. Yes that serious amount of torque will get it off the line but it will fall flat around 125mph mark my words. Weight issues: a 9g DE weighs almost 300 lbs more then my JDM vR4 but only puts out 160 bshp...something is wrong with that picture. Mitsubishi still insists of sohc motors, yes it makes changing the timing belt a breeze but damn they should squeeze every amount of power out of it.

Is the 9gen in the category with the nissan altima, honda accord v6 or something equivalent? I mean if it is omg the 9th gen may be the shortest production galant ever produced. Here in Maryland between two heavily traveled dealerships I literally live at the lot is full of the 9th gen, no they have not been restocked its literally the same cars that were shipped back in october. One of the top salesman sold two since there release....He can sell gas to a gas station attendent with out breakin a sweat heh so with that said prepare to comfort the new 9 gen owners cause there going to catch hell...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>MidNightRacing Â*
    I know i can bet the i4 dont know about a v6 8G</div>

Unless your 7g auto is FI you really dont have a chance against my n/a I4

Hi all, I work at Kline Mitsubishi in MN. (www.klineautoworld.com) and well, to anser your question, it is the Edeavor's 3.8L V6 MIVEC engine inside the big V6 Models (LS, GTS) as the DE, ES still runs on a 2.0L I-4 MIVEC with about 160bhp. The V6 runs at a more powerful 230 hp 250lbs-ft of torque, 3.8-liter, V6 engine, Sportronicâ„¢ 4-speed transmission with Adaptive Shift Control and clutchless manual shift mode, 4-wheel disc anti-lock brakes (ABS) and traction control.

The leading competitors of the Galant, will be the Altima, Accord, Camry, and Mazda 6. So far, all I know is that the Galant compares closest to the Altima. While not having as much full HP, it carries more torque then the Altima. The Accord carries a more historical badge, but the new Galant not only carries more torque, it carries more shoulder room on the front and rear. As for the Camry, the Galant loses in space, but power and suspension tuning are over come with the Ralli-art inspired RISE Chassis (Refined Impact Safety Evolution) which is also used on the current Evolution VIII. Front Independent Suspension with MacPherson Struts and a Rear Multi-Link Suspension with Coil Springs and s front upper strut stabilier bar.

Honestly, just test drive one yourself and see what can come along in your OWN opinion. Right now, Mitsu plans on a FULL LAUNCH of advertisements for the 9th Galant starting Jan. 1, 2004. As of now, there are no deals for the 04 Galant except for previous/current Mitsu owners ($1000 back) and a possible 4.9% APR. At this time, Mitsu offers a Bumper to Bumper 3yr, 36k mile warranty, 5 yr 70k mile corrosion, and a 7yr 100k mile warranty on drivetrain....

any questions, feel free to contact me...

JP LEE
    Kline Mitsubishi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>and yeah dude, no way you can take on a V6 8G. if i can't do it, no one can Â* Â* unless you got some FI in there or ur 5spd.</div>
    I don't get it...What's so hard about taking out an 8G V6? I do it all the time.

The 99 Galant
    lol....gotta love scoot, well TOO DAMN BAD THE 9G'S ARE UGLY AS THEM FAT PEPOPLE IN PHILLY'S CRACK ARE. The 8G was the galants finest looking lines I've ever seen. It was a Euro look with definitive and distinct lines. I mean damn you can't beat an 8G with a liberal grill, lowered, 17s, Euro side markers, and a nice paint job. You hardly had to buy anything extra to make them look down right classy and kick all,really just get rid of the stock grill adn get a JDM or mod the factory one and you got a different look to the car. I mean take a look at Mirko or Impacts Euro G's on sounddomain and tell me those are some nice looking G's and they really didn't do too much exterior modding. And any Vr-4 Sedan looks great. And no no other year G is going to ever have that good of looks no matter how much modding you do. IMO the older G's look to much like a ricer car to me. And too bad the 9G is a fat assed car that weighs too much, looks to big, and doesn't capitolize on the 8G's looks. I mean them headlights are the ugliest of any car out there. Its a failed Caddy look. IMO all import manufactors have screwed up because all the new cars are ugly. The 98-2001 Accord was awesome, the 96-2001? maxima was nice, the RX-7 was so much better looking than the new RX-8. What the heck are them crazy asians doing!!! I'm planning on doing a project car once i get my car paid off and I'm using the 8G as my platform because its the best looking sedan outside of Europe, sorry BMW M3 or MB SL55 beats it out. o and the new 9G engine oes do better than an 8G and will more than likely have more aftermarket support if there's enough interest due to the MIVEC feature. Also the mirage engine is getting more attention than the G right now. Older year Mirages and have been able to swap out for the new MIVEC engines.

01GalantLSV6
    midnight racing's car is slow...and an 8G v6 would spank the shit out of it...personal account. im the one who raced brian (vtec killer at galantforums) after he did his 8g 4 cyl 5 speed swap and took him by 3 cars and all i have is custom 2.5 inch catback and injen short ram...midnight has auto with not much done and no FI...the result would in the least be equal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike
    Quote Originally Posted by MidNightRacing
    Im waiting to spank a 9g just like i spank the 8g's :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    You could hardly spank a 5G, the way you drive...

I think me and Xska55 lost you like 5 times goin to Jerz and we were only doing 60
    Especially since the 5G was availible with a V6.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 01GalantLSV6
    midnight racing's car is slow...and an 8G v6 would spank the shit out of it...personal account. im the one who raced brian (vtec killer at galantforums) after he did his 8g 4 cyl 5 speed swap and took him by 3 cars and all i have is custom 2.5 inch catback and injen short ram...midnight has auto with not much done and no FI...the result would in the least be equal.
    I've beaten v6's (well a V6, lol) before and I've got an auto 7g :puzzled1:

when is we gon be free????

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

Re: What kind of engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazarin
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    DAMN look @ this fat bitch:

GVWR (lbs/kg)
    4320/1960
    4320/1960
    4486/2035
    4540/2060

4AT Curb Weight (lbs/kg) [w/ sunroof]
    3351/1520 [3373/1530]
    3351/1520 [3373/1530]
    3560/1615 [3583/1625]
    3649/1655
    I knew the 9g was heavy...but dayam! Well...i'm happy with my 2700 lbs 7g 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

2fat4ya
    Men... I tried driving this 9G Galant on snow and it is not fun anymore. The car is so heavy and the stock tires don't stick even I accelarate really slow. The powerful disk brakes with no abs makes it more harder to stop the car. Men... I miss my 01 Mirage. Eventhough it had a 100hp/4 speed transaxe, that thing is so much fun everytime it snows!(Dam handbrake! always making me go sideways! fun times...)

put some snow tires on the 9g, i swapped my stock tires with yokohama's ig10 and got a lot of snow this week and it's pretty good so far it's just the other cars around me that was going sideways which was kinda scary on the highway hehehe

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Popular snow tire on DSMTuners: Blizzaks. I dont know who makes them or anything about them, do a google search. Just heard rants/raves about how much they rock in the snow.
    7g for life!

8G_GTZ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Popular snow tire on DSMTuners: Blizzaks. Â*I dont know who makes them or anything about them, do a google search. Â*Just heard rants/raves about how much they rock in the snow.</div>

you think snoop dogg had anything to do with em?

steve

blizzak's are from bridgetone

XxDustin82xX
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2fat4ya)</div><div class='quotemain'>Men... I tried driving this 9G Galant on snow and it is not fun anymore. The car is so heavy and the stock tires don't stick even I accelarate really slow. The powerful disk brakes with no abs makes it more harder to stop the car. Men... I miss my 01 Mirage. Eventhough it had a 100hp/4 speed transaxe, that thing is so much fun everytime it snows!(Dam handbrake! always making me go sideways! fun times...)</div>

I didnt have any problems in the snow with mine :? maybe its because I have the ABS but either way it wasnt any hard to drive then any other car I have had

^not just abs you also have a traction control on your v6 9g

XxDustin82xX
    Quote Originally Posted by invertedzero
    ^not just abs you also have a traction control on your v6 9g
    yeah that could be a big part of it too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast