The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: US MiVecs...Do they fit?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

US MiVecs...Do they fit?

I was wondering, the new Lancer Ralliart edition has a version of the infamous MiVec engine in it. 160+hp if I remember correctly. My question is would it fit in the 7g and would it even be worth it? I am guessing you would need a new tranny (not sure) and definately new ecu, but would this be a strong base for modding or stick with '63 and '64s?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I don't think it will work but then again I am not sure on the details on how the new MIVEC motors in the RalliArts Lancers internals compare to the 64's, 63's, 92's etc etc. MIVEC (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and lift Electronic Control) is similar to Vtec, VVT-i, etc etc...but more emphasis on modified cam and rocker profiles. I am sure solenoids to lift valves and special cams will have to be installed and doubt you can use them in the 64's, 63's, 92's blah blah. Oh yah...then theres to subject of the ECU and wiring harness... :? :cry: Its scary just thinking about that.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

redboy
    if i remember correctly........when they were thinkin of bring them over here, it was a 4g64mivec engine!! i think that it was a 2.4, not sure on single or double cam, but in a nutshell our engine with a modified head, ecu blablabla.....whether the engine is turned around or not i dont know(as in which side the intake is on). if i imagine thats prolly the only problem we might have as far as a direct swap!!! ill check into it and let u know mang....peace

in a 7g.. no
    in an 8/9g.. maybe

but it's not As easy as LSvtecs...mitsu leaves everything electronic... not As Simple As modified oil-pump, and new head....
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

huh! Interesting...I was just curious cuz we all know we are looking for new and more innovative ways to make these cars move so...

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

it's not your Fault... *I* choose to blame mitsu...
    =0]

they had to one-up honda and make it ultra PITA... which discourages people like us From retro-fitting "cool" parts.

mmmm I want pizza... with extra cheese!
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Experienced TGC Member
    If im not mistaken, the Mivec heads are meant for engine who is reverse from ours, like the 8g, with the gears on the left side of the car. So it wont work on a 7g at all.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon