The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight problem

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Headlight problem

Today i noticed there was some condensation in my left headlight. I changed my bulbs about 2 weeks ago and it rained that night but there wasn't any condensation that night or after the other times it rained. Does anyone know how i can fix this or is there a way to tell where the water is getting in.

BlueESV6
    Did you put the rubber boot back on? This may have allowed condensation inside the headlight when the temps outside changed quicker than the temps inside your headlight. If the boot's not tight it can cause that.

Some people were talking about it on another post which I can't find right now... TYC tails condensation problem

Yes i did put the rubber boot back on. I just took off the harness and then tried to tighten up the rubber piece but it didnt help. It is as tight as can be. I will take a better look tomorrow when its light out. Thanks for the reply.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    take a soft cloth and swipe it around inside to try and dry up the moisture
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

best thing to do is take them out and let them dry inside. fully. maybe use a hair dryer on LOW to help speed things up. once you are sure things are dry, put everything back togehter.

if it still happens, there might be a crack. fill up the headlight with some distilled water and find out where the leak is coming from. use distilled water since it won't leave spots.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

My dad owns a auto body shop so im gonna bring it in so one of his guys can take off the headlight and check it out. I figure while im at this i will clear the corners. Pinoy thanks for the tip about the water.